If we decide to go nude at Orient...

Schplinky

Is there an area we should or should not be in? Is there an ettiquette to removing your clothes? I have never been nude on a beach and would want to walk around clothed for a while to become comfortable. If I decide to go nude, it seems odd to just start peeling clothes off.

Any advice?

I'm sure I'll chicken out anyway but just in case...

Stay on the Club Orient property if you're going to be nude, that would be to the RIGHT of Pedro's, facing the water, past the sign.

When you say walk around clothed, you mean in beachwear, right? Avoid leather dress shoes and black socks -- look like you belong there. No cameras! Orient security enforces this. If you have one with you, it should be in the bottom of your backpack.

Here's a suggestion. Wear a swimsuit under your bermuda shorts. Comfortably strip down to the swimsuit. Go into the water. Slip out of the swimsuit. Look, you're nekkid on Orient!!!!! Walk bravely back to your towel / beach chair.

Hey, no one was looking. Later you notice, two chairs down the beach, your next door neighbors from the ship.

Welcome to Orient!

gary

p.s. Don't forget the sunscreen -- EVERYWHERE!

We were at Orinet Beach in December and since we are from Indiana, we are not used to being on nude beaches. It is a beautiful beach and once you get past the naked thing we had a great time but, I in a million years could not walk around naked!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Hey, look at it this way you will probably never see any of the people there again so just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

When you get to Orient just go to the far right to the Club Orient and have one of the attendants bring you lounges and an umbrella. You will need both. Then just put your towels on the chairs, undress and relax and hope your next door neighbor from home, your school teacher or your best client doesn't walk by. It is not difficult and if you go over to the bar for a drink or lunch take your towel or put on bottoms.

Insticively you think you will embarrass yourselves but unless you are 16, it never seems to happen. You will find it quite relaxing and may even see somebeautiful bodies unlike the average cruiser. Have fun and be sure to use sun lotion on the rarely exposed parts.:eek:

Hey, look at it this way you will probably never see any of the people there again so just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That's sort of my feeling.

Although...

We were looking at a friend's pictures of the area and noticed other people we knew (and they didn't) in the background. Luckily, photography is frownded upon at this beach.

I'm pretty sure I will just want to go skinny-dipping. I'm not THAT bold.

This is a photo from the end of the "Nude" beach looking towards the non-nude beach. The stone jetty sticking out into the water is the line between the non-nude and nude areas.Please be assured I did not take any photos of the folks enjoying the "Au Natural" experience, as that would have been against their rules. You have to purposly go to the nude area, I wouldn't worry about who you run into there, as that's what one should expect if they are at a nude beach! So, if they are there purly for voyruristic reasons...shame on THEM!

There will be some "naturalistic" folks who will stroll down the non-nude beach just to rattle the cages of Ma & Pa Kettle But, keep in mind that some women go topless EVERYWHERE on the beach, both the "nude" and non-nude areas.

Go, have fun and do whatever you are comfortable with. Don't be bothered by what others think, there will be plenty of other folks to draw the majority of attention away from one person.

I just noticed after I posted the photo. The guys in the photo are two older guys who just "strolled" down the beach to "SEE THE SIGHTS". I'll bet DW's gave them an earfull when they got back to their shaded lounge chair! They would serve as a good example of how NOT to dress for a day at the nude beach!

DAY3020.JPG.038cea60dc35c20c472cb61d02b997d1.JPG

Looks like the Avoid leather dress shoes and black socks message I posted above didn't make it to those guys!

EXACTLY:

I attached that photo and when I looked close I noticed those guys and recalled your post and sent soda shooting out my nose! I would be more embarressed to be caught out dressed like that than to be seen by my boss buck nekid on the beach!

you can go to orientbeach.com and see photos from the beach and that may help you decide.

Many of us regular St. Maarten/St. Martin visitors consider that website pretty sleazy, and not at all a true perspective of Club Orient. Note that many, if not most, of the pictures ARE NOT from Orient.

For a better perspective, visit the Club Orient site (caution -- contains some 'minor' nudity on the homepage) at Club Orient. There are some great panoramic shots at this link.

gary

Here is a website that may answer a lot of your questions and relieve some of your anxiety.

http://www.nudist-resorts.org

One tip I found helpful. Place your chair along the back line of the beach if you are shy. Everyone points their chairs to look out over the water. You will be behind them and won't feel quite so self conscious. A lot of women will bring along one of those tropical sarongs to tie around their waist, your still basicly nude but feel a little more comfortable with a bit of colorful fabric.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

I was searching for hotel info on STM and found that site. It covers more than nude photos. It covers Club Orient and theother spots on the beach icl. where to eat or stay. There's a lot more than nude pictures.

There's a lot more than nude pictures.
Yah, there's also a lot of sleezy messages posted on their board. Some good info, but many immature people posting false and "titillating" stories & information. In general, the photos and forum on that site do not represent the true flavor of this exotic and wonderful island.

Archived