Bermuda

bleuiz

Hi all....hubby and I are playing with the idea of sailing to Bermuda in April...out of Baltimore.....any feedback??

Good time of year??

Is there easy parking?? (we might drive down the day before and spend the night in a hotel....)

I don't even remember which ship it is....

Just looking for your great opinions....

Thanks!!

Carnival only has one sailing left to Bermuda. The Pride out of Baltimore on April 22. There are a couple of threads on here going over why they no longer will be going there but you may want to look into RCCL & NCL if this date doesn't suit your fancy.

I dd Bermuda in May once. Be prepared for cold days at sea and bring a sweatshirt on land. If there is cloud cover it will be very chilly. We got about two hours of beach time on one of the three days we were there. Once the clouds rolled in, everyone stood up, put on a sweatshirt and packed themselves out.

It's a very pretty island, lots to see and do, but don't plan on it feeling tropical that time of year.

In my opinion, April is a great time to sail to Bermuda. Not too hot, not too cold, perfect sight seeing weather, no hurricanes threatening to blow you away. It may be too chilly still if you are a beach person, but Bermuda is gorgeous.

As the other poster said, Carnival only has one more sailing to Bermuda. The Carnival Pride is a Spirit class vessel and it's our favorite class. Easy to navigate, and just the right size.

No matter what you choose, have a great time!!

We went to Bermuda in late April in 2007 with Carnival. It was out of NYC and was 6 days. We arrived late on a Saturday so on Sunday we went to Hamilton. Just about everything was closed. The weather was quite cool, definitely not beach weather. It is a beautiful island if you aren't there on Sunday.

Thanks all.....TA gave us numbers for Celebrity on of NJ in May....hubby and I will discuss the pros and cons.....we've done the Canadian cruise 4x...only once were we able to sit on the sun deck....

Again thanks...

If you are going on the Pride out of Baltimore, the parking is great....

I went on the squirrly trip there on Nov. 6th, instead of spending 3 days there, we were there less than 24 hrs because of the storms that were heading our way. I had fun anyway.

There is free transportation...(it is so cute, it looks like a kid's choo choo train) that will take you to Clockwork's Mall, or you can buy a pass to take the Ferry to take you to Hamilton, that's what I did. Hamilton is beautiful, not a touristy place though. I did that the first day, then just stayed on the ship the next day, as we left early.

Melanie

If you are going on the Pride out of Baltimore, the parking is great....

I went on the squirrly trip there on Nov. 6th, instead of spending 3 days there, we were there less than 24 hrs because of the storms that were heading our way. I had fun anyway.

There is free transportation...(it is so cute, it looks like a kid's choo choo train) that will take you to Clockwork's Mall, or you can buy a pass to take the Ferry to take you to Hamilton, that's what I did. Hamilton is beautiful, not a touristy place though. I did that the first day, then just stayed on the ship the next day, as we left early.

Melanie

Will keep this in mind....thanks

Forgot to mention, just for the heck of it before I left the ship there, I checked to see what internet connection was available.

There was one right on the port, I bought a 72 hr package, think it was seven dollars or so, might be wrong. It was sure worth it, not having to take my laptop off the ship to a wi fi place. I sat in my room and emailed away to people back home.

If I would have known I would be there a lot less time I would have chosen a cheaper package.

Melanie

Forgot to mention, just for the heck of it before I left the ship there, I checked to see what internet connection was available.

There was one right on the port, I bought a 72 hr package, think it was seven dollars or so, might be wrong. It was sure worth it, not having to take my laptop off the ship to a wi fi place. I sat in my room and emailed away to people back home.

If I would have known I would be there a lot less time I would have chosen a cheaper package.

Melanie

Great to know!!

:cool:

Archived