Century Questions

Soon2bMrs

Hi,
We are taking our first cruise this fall and while in St. Thomas we are getting married.
Can anyone tell me about what time do they let you get off the ship in St. Thomas? The itinerary says that we get in port at 7am.
Also what time do you leave the ship in Ft. Lauderdale the day you come back? I want to make sure that I plan my flight home.

Thanks!

Hi,

Congratulations! We were off the ship by 8am in St Thomas. In FLL we were out by 10am.

Timm

Celebrity Century 2/02
Carnival Spirit 1/03
Celebrity Century 11/03
Celebrity Millennium 1/05

Hi,
I had dining companions on one cruise who were getting married on St. Thomas. They were the first off the ship with a limo waiting at the gangway.(Be sure to inform Guest Relations of your plans---they should be able to make a few things go smoother for you.) They were wisked away to their beach ceremony. I assume you also have a wedding consultant making all of the needed arrangements on the island. This couple said it was so easy.

This bride had 4 or 5 sisters(already married and dad had footed the bill for the weddings)This time her father said he would pay for the [B]cruise[/B] if she just eloped. So she did....they had a big reception back home later.

Congratulations!! Enjoy your cruise.

P.S. Remember to put as much planning into the marriage as you do with the wedding! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi

We just went on the Century to Eastern Caribbean in March.

In St. Thomas, you should be off the ship by 9:00 at the latest (maybe a little earlier).

As for Ft. Lauderdale, they are extemely efficient about getting everyone off the ship in a quick and orderly fashion. I think the ship was completely emptied no later than 10:00 a.m. or so.

To be safe, I would schedule your flight no earlier than 2:00 p.m. You need to give yourself time to get the airport 2 hours ahead (with the heightened security).

Patty

We were on the Century 4/17/2004 sailing to St. Thomas last week. We were off the ship and in a cab by 8:00. I know this because we arrived at Red Hook around 8:12 and had just missed the 8:00 ferry to St. John.
I disagree with the info re flights. We had a choice of a 12:20 or 2:20 flight from FLL & opted for 2:20 based on being conservative. We were stuck with our luggage & had to go to the Embassy to kill time. We both agreed the 12:20 would have been much better. We were the last group off the ship & were off by 8:50 a.m. Had luggage & cleared customs 15 mins later.
We had not realized how close the airport is to the pier in our calculations.

Norway 11/85
SS Independence 7/91
Star Princess 10/02

4/17 Celebrity CENTURY
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;17;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We have done flights as early as 11:30 am in FT Lauderdale. THe airport is very close and the cabs are waiting for you. JUst be sure you have priority disembarkment, and you are set!

Celebrity Constellation 3/05
Carnival Victory "Cruise to Nowhere" 10/04
Carnival Glory 2/04
Celebrity Millie 4/03
Celebrity Zenith 3/02
Celebrity Century 3/00, 3/01
Celebrity Zenith 6/99
Celebrity Galaxy 3/98
Celebrity Century, 1/97
NCL Dreamward 7/95

Thanks cruisebunny! We also have the 11-11:30 flight..was wondering as well. Will make sure we get off first!

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja
Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia
Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska
Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja
Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean
Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera
Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

Hi "soon to be..". We leave tthis morning for our cruise and I read here on the board that one of our follow cruisers is getting married in St. Thomas. She has 41 people accompanying her on the ship. If I get an opportunity to talk to her at the cruise critic party, I'll be sure to get as many details as I can. I will post when I return next week.

Carol

Hi-
I want to weight in on the flights as well.... as long as you plan a noon-ish flight departure at the earliest, you'll be fine. I would reccommend 11:30 as the earliest flight time you can make.

RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas /1990 / Eastern Caribbean
HAL's Rotterdam V / 1993 /Alaska
Princess' Royal Princess/ 1998 / Baltic Sea
Celebrity's Century / August 2003 / Eastern Caribbean
Celebrity's Mercury / 11/26/04 / Mexican Riviera -Honeymoon Cruise

Archived