Seven days until we cruise and then THIS happens...

Dee777

I'm sure the OP is at least somewhat gratful that she is not confined to a wheelchair, either temporarily or permanently. However, just because she is not worse off than somebody else does not negate how she is feeling at this time - and neither should it. And before you decide I have no idea what I'm talking about my husband is a double amputee and permanently confined to a wheelchair. I'm personaly impressed with her attitude, I think I'd be throwing myself a major pity party :D

OP - I have also had the dubious pleasure of being in a "moon boot" for several months, though lucky for me not while I had to be away from home. The one thing I remember with clarity was that keeping my toenails nicely painted really helped me feel more "put together" when only wearing one shoe. One word of advice on that though is to NOT attempt to put the polish on yourself! One smudged mess and an inability to clean it up was enough to get me to ask somebody else to do it:eek:

BadJelly: (love the name!)

It's funny that you should mention the toenails. Where I live, if you want a manicure, pedicure etc you must book it well in advance. Well I have had an appointment for tomorrow for ages and considered cancelling it yesterday. I decided to sleep on it and am glad I did! I am going to go for that appointment, get my good foot done, see if she can even just paint my toes for me if the rest is too painful (exfoliating etc) but the woman I go to is SO good, and SO nice I am certain she will make it work for me!!! Looking forward to jazzing the boot up as well as my toes!

Today I Am getting my hair done and before the pedicure I get a mani too. I AM going to make the best of this trip and darn it, it's going to be FUN!

Thank you for your comments and advice :)

OP- Don't feel bad about your odd accident. I ended up in my walking boot from a goofy accident. I was doing laundry late at night (just had to have all of our matching 4th of July shirts ready for the next day) when a bug scurried across the floor of my laundry room. It scared me and I hopped and came down on the side of my foot, breaking it basically in half. I cursed worse than ever! It was so much more painful than childbirth. Good news is that they thought I would need surgery and pins, but it healed without all that. :)

Dee,

Thanks for sharing your mishap with the Campbell Soup can. I'm sure that hurt like the dickens.

I must confess your discription of what you did after the can fell on your foot brought tears to my eyes.... because I was laughing so hard. Your description was great. Even though at the time I'm sure you were in horrible pain, I can just imagine how things went down.

I think you will have a great time on your cruise. You may be the life of the party with the story about what happened to your foot.

I hope you're not in pain. Have a great time and be nice to yourself. If you were to stay angry you won't as fast. It's a big inconvenience but I'm sure your pictures will be lovely.

Take a collapsable cooler for ice and have the steward keep it filled.

Don't beat yourself up over it. I was in a hard neck cast for 111 days after I broke my neck. 24 hours a day. Didn't cruise with it but I know what you're going through.

Archived