fun for 2 yr old?

tot'sfirstcruise

What cruise line is best for a 2 yr old? The research I've done shows Disney and RCCL are great for 3 yrs and older. Camp Carnival looks good for 2 yr old, but is it just activities (face painting, story telling, etc) or are there toys, climbers, etc that would keep his interest for a few hours? There's a big difference between a 2 yr old's attention and a 3 yr old's...I just want to be sure we pick a good ship for our little guy.

Hi! We took our then 25 month old on the Carnival Glory. First cruise for all.

She loved the Camp. Yes, they have several of the large, brightly-colored plastic playground-like pieces, with slides, etc.

In the 2-5 year old group, they stay within the enclosed play area, but there is plenty to do.

They have structured times, with stories, movies, face painting, etc., but they also have free play time.

It was such a great experience, we're booked on our second cruise in three weeks!!

PS: I forgot to mention a factor which made me feel pretty good about the whole Camp experience.

They give you a beeper, if you have a child 5 or younger. (It only works on the ship).

The first day, I left DD for about 90 minutes. I peeked around the corner to make sure she was OK every 20 - 30 minutes. When I picked her up, I asked the counselor how she did. The counselor basically told me that they will page you even if your child is just asking for you - she doesn't have to be unhappy. That reassured me alot. And the beeper never went off!

Also, DH and I got in the habit of signing the kids in together, as they will only release the child to the parent who signed him/her in. Made for easier logistics.

HTH.

Hi there,

I agree 100% with the above post. Go Carnival. You will not be nearly as happy with any other cruiseline with a child that small. They really have a great program plus they have kiddie pools on the ships. The one thing I do recommend VERY strongly is to take one of the newer larger ships. In the case of a kids area it makes a big difference in the amount of actual play and climbing equipment they have in the kids rooms. Both you and you child will have a ball.

Kim

• 4 weeks later...

My 20 months old boy stays with the babysitter in Camp Carnival every Sunday when I go to meet my boyfriend who is a senior officer in the Pride.

He loves Camp Carnival activities and the playrooms. They are beautifully equipped with toys, toddlers' computers, huge TV screens, climbing tools.

The ladies who manage the Camp are all very caring and well educated. Most of them have children themselves at homes in their countries and therefore they really know what to do with youg children.

My son can't wait to go to Camp Carnival every week!

Archived