Hyatt Summerfield Suites Fort Lauderdale

2ndsailing

Hyatt Summerfield Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South

I have been reading some bad reviews on Trip Advisor regarding bed bugs etc. We have a reservation here and now I'm wondering whether I should try somewhere else. Does anyone have any knowledge or this hotel?

I have been reading some bad reviews on Trip Advisor regarding bed bugs etc. We have a reservation here and now I'm wondering whether I should try somewhere else. Does anyone have any knowledge or this hotel?

We just stayed here in December and thought it was a nice place. We saw no bugs, the hotel seemed to be fairly new and the included breakfast was very good.

What hotel are you staying at now?

Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise port. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites & Hilton Marina in the past, both with great locations & they were nice.

Unfortunately both were sold out for our dates.

For our MR cruise, we had stayed at Hyatt Summerfield in LA - our stay was perfect - that`s why we thought of trying it in FLL.

:)

I was planning on switching from the Summerfield Suites to somewhere else because they are changing over to a Hyatt HomeSuites and in the process are changing their pet policy. I am highly allergic to pets unfortunately :( . Now upon hearing about bed bugs I have quickly switched over the the Comfort Inn and Suites. Thanks so much for mentioning this hotel. I have been looking for a hotel and they were either booked, also accommodated pets or were crazy expensive! This is perfect.....I just did a little research and looks like Comfort Inn and Suites is just finishing up a major renovation - new everything....bathrooms, paint, carpet, furniture, bedding. Finding a hotel to switch to has been nagging at me and now I have that off my plate and can look forward to the stay. Thanks so much!

Just a follow up to my orginal post. I decided to call the hotel myself and I spoke with a Manager. They have replied on Trip Advisor to the person who complained about bed bugs. They had the room examined by a professional exterminator and no bed bugs were found. She also informed me that they take these complaints seriously and I felt assured that she and the hotel had done so. No other guests before or after these guests who stayed in that particular room (or any other rooms for that matter) have complained about bed bugs. We are satisfied that they do take pride in their hotel and we are looking forward to staying there before our cruise. I just wanted to come back and give this update.

• 3 weeks later...
Just a follow up to my orginal post. I decided to call the hotel myself and I spoke with a Manager. They have replied on Trip Advisor to the person who complained about bed bugs. They had the room examined by a professional exterminator and no bed bugs were found. She also informed me that they take these complaints seriously and I felt assured that she and the hotel had done so. No other guests before or after these guests who stayed in that particular room (or any other rooms for that matter) have complained about bed bugs. We are satisfied that they do take pride in their hotel and we are looking forward to staying there before our cruise. I just wanted to come back and give this update.

Thank you so much for posting this information. We will be staying for one night before a cruise in March and you have put our minds at ease.:)

We stayed there over a year ago for one night and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. The staff are also very helpful. We will be staying there again in a few weeks. I'm glad someone called to ask about the "bugs". I guess that can happen anywhere.:(

Archived