How was Allure's boardwalk food

How was the hotdog place? Were they just average old hotdogs? How where the donuts as well

And how was the ice cream parlor!! Cause I don't get how they can charge you for ice cream there but have it free elsewhere on the ship?

Thank you in advance.

The dog house was really good, at least we thought so. They had different types of dogs -veal, turkey, beef with lots of different toppings. The donuts were just okay, they were just in a case and were similar to the ones at the.buffet. I loved the ice cream it was kind of like a gelato texture. As you can see I am food obsessed :)

The dog house was really good, at least we thought so. They had different types of dogs -veal, turkey, beef with lots of different toppings. The donuts were just okay, they were just in a case and were similar to the ones at the.buffet. I loved the ice cream it was kind of like a gelato texture. As you can see I am food obsessed :)

Well thank you so so much. I've been wanting a review for those foods for a long time!

How was the hotdog place? Were they just average old hotdogs? How where the donuts as well

And how was the ice cream parlor!! Cause I don't get how they can charge you for ice cream there but have it free elsewhere on the ship?

Thank you in advance.

I ate in the Boardwalk the least of all the neighborhoods.

We did Rita's Fiesta one night, which includes dinner and three margaritas each. The food was okay, the drinks were good. The music and dancing are the real attraction. I would highly recommend it, we had a lot of fun.

Johnny Rockets is typical hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, etc. If you've ever been to one, its the same thing on board.

I tried Boardwalk Donuts once, it was just okay. They are the same donuts that are served in the dining room and buffet for breakfast. Certainly not Krispy Kreme, Tim Hortons, or Dunkin Donuts quality.

I also tried the Boardwalk Dog House once. The hot dog itself was good, as were the toppings. The bun was stale though. This happens frequently on many cruise ships I have been on. I don't know why they can't serve fresh bread.

I absolutely loved the Boardwalk Dog House! We ate there every day for either lunch or a late afternoon snack. The Smokehouse was my favorite. Very delicious. I do have to agree that the buns were kind of on the hard side. I think they keep them in the warmer thing for so long that it dries it out. They would probably do better to keep them super sealed and quickly warm up when an order comes through. They had different kinds of meat for each type of dog.

The bar next to the Aqua Theatre made popcorn whenever they played movies there.

Hubby LOVED the ice cream. I'm not a huge fan, so I didn't have any, but he went ther quite a bit.

x2 what everyone said about the Dog House - I was happy and I consider myself a bit of a hot-dog "conniseur". ;)

The only thing was that they didn't have RAW onion! They had fried onions (which I also like) but on hot dogs I prefer the crisp crunch of raw onions, not cooked ones. Seemed odd, but perhaps it's a regional thing?

As for the donuts...they were good as well - not spectacular (as others mentioned), but good. Take note that they are only available until (IIRC) 11AM, so if you want them you have to get down in the AM hours. It took us a few days to figure out why every time we walked by (apparently after 11AM) there was never any donuts to be had - it wasn't until day 3 aboard that we became enlightened when we took issue with it to the staff in the ice cream shop.

We never tried the ice cream on BW, opting instead for the free stuff on the pool deck. There's also another ice cream machine in the Wipeout Cafe (by the sports zone) which is often less lined up and open longer hours.

Thank you in advance.

In my experience, and I know it differs from others, I tried a hotdog and the skin was so tough that when I finally bit through it, I was spattered with large spray of grease that came out of it. The taste was awefull and the dog was full of gristle - yukk:eek:

I was a bit disappointed in the donuts on the Oasis. I think it's hard to get sweet, yeasty breads right in the humid Caribbean. My husband was very excited for the donuts and they looked delicious, but the texture and the consistency wasn't great. The special flavors of the day were better. But still, a free donut in the middle of the ocean is never really a bad thing!

In my experience, and I know it differs from others, I tried a hotdog and the skin was so tough that when I finally bit through it, I was spattered with large spray of grease that came out of it. The taste was awefull and the dog was full of gristle - yukk:eek:

That sounds disgusting!

But what kind of wiener/sausage did you ask for? Some of the Brat (vs Wiener) offerings are *supposed* to be like that.

I had a "ballpark" (as I think they called it IIRC) and it was a pretty standard wiener on a bun...the same as you'd get anywhere. Tasted great to me, short of the lack of onions. Bun was fresh as well.

Archived