New Cabana Club in Labadee at Nellie's Beach?

bajathree

I booked mine for Feb. a couple of days ago over the water $200, I did it online and booked just under my reservation, hope i'm not in for a surprise when I arrive with our party of 4 :eek:

Please make lot of notes and take pictures. You may be the first to experience them and report back to everyone.

I booked 3 cabanas last night... would love more info. Pictures? Is water included as it is with the Barefoot Beach Club cabanas? Where is the upgraded food/buffet located? Etc.!

We'll be there on February 14th... I'll post pictures and descriptions after our cruise, but would appreciate it very much if anyone could provide the details in the meantime. Thanks!

I just booked ONE cabana today on Nellies beach, I booked it online. I talked to a rep (after going in circles with two other reps) who explained it is a PER CABANA CHARGE. She advised the cabanas hold 4-5 people comfortably. She said just to book it under one person not both, though they should really fix that. :) We are crusing in May and CANNOT wait!! :)

I also rented a cabana on Nellie beach. It has shown up on my calendar already, but for 2 people and we have 4 in our party. I was told that wouldn't be a problem when we get there. Hope it works out!

Keep checking - maybe they'll open up online. They were available to me, until a few hours ago when the message "inquire online" showed up (sold out?).

We reserved our cabana and was told by Royal Caribbean that they are allowing 4 people in each cabana. I don't know whether they are going to 'guard' Nellie Beach and give cabana people wristbands or not. I don't know how it will work. Time will tell.

We reserved our cabana and was told by Royal Caribbean that they are allowing 4 people in each cabana. I don't know whether they are going to 'guard' Nellie Beach and give cabana people wristbands or not. I don't know how it will work. Time will tell.

Hmmm.. only 4 people not the usual 6 allowed in the cabanas at Barefoot..perhaps they are smaller and have only lounges rather than the loungers & sofa :confused:

I booked 3 cabanas last night... would love more info. Pictures? Is water included as it is with the Barefoot Beach Club cabanas? Where is the upgraded food/buffet located? Etc.!

We'll be there on February 14th... I'll post pictures and descriptions after our cruise, but would appreciate it very much if anyone could provide the details in the meantime. Thanks!

Michele,

We just booked for March.. We too are looking for pictures and if Nellie's is now private. Looking forward to your report.

Chris

I don't think Royal Caribbean customer service knows what they are talking about. LOL I talked to regular customer service and the excursion customer service and neither one could give me ANY info on the Nellie's cabanas and kept telling me there were none. They were great at giving me info on the Barefoot Beach Club though! By the way, we booked via the website and it was very clearly written that 6 people per cabana was the limit. Let's hope that is the case because we have lots of people joining us!

Michele,

We just booked for March.. We too are looking for pictures and if Nellie's is now private. Looking forward to your report.

Chris

I just read a post from someone who had recently been there. She stated that they were building a wall and it looked like it would be done soon. It seems as if it will be private. I'll report back what I know.

I don't think Royal Caribbean customer service knows what they are talking about. LOL I talked to regular customer service and the excursion customer service and neither one could give me ANY info on the Nellie's cabanas and kept telling me there were none. They were great at giving me info on the Barefoot Beach Club though! By the way, we booked via the website and it was very clearly written that 6 people per cabana was the limit. Let's hope that is the case because we have lots of people joining us!

I just read a post from someone who had recently been there. She stated that they were building a wall and it looked like it would be done soon. It seems as if it will be private. I'll report back what I know.

Don't like the sound of that wall. Look forward to hearing more after your cruise. Thanks

Kathy

Hi there...I just posted earlier today on the thread under this re: the Cabanas...

I am going on the Oasis on the 12th and the Allure on the 20th May ...I went into the Labadee excursions on the RCCI site and was able to book a cabana over the water....however it stated the price per person...so I booked it in my hubby's name and it went thru as a single cost....although clearly it was intended as per person....so I am not sure what will eventually happen re the cost ...even though they said it will be charged as a single ...you would think they would have the correct costs on their Excursion list......I will keep my fingers crossed it all goes OK...

After reading all your comments...I now feel assured that it will be just the Cabana Price!!!

cheers Jenny

Hi there...I just posted earlier today on the thread under this re: the Cabanas...

I am going on the Oasis on the 12th and the Allure on the 20th May ...I went into the Labadee excursions on the RCCI site and was able to book a cabana over the water....however it stated the price per person...so I booked it in my hubby's name and it went thru as a single cost....although clearly it was intended as per person....so I am not sure what will eventually happen re the cost ...even though they said it will be charged as a single ...you would think they would have the correct costs on their Excursion list......I will keep my fingers crossed it all goes OK...

After reading all your comments...I now feel assured that it will be just the Cabana Price!!!

cheers Jenny

You booked it exactly right. Don't worry about Royal Caribbean's inability to have their booking system corrected. ;)

You booked it exactly right. Don't worry about Royal Caribbean's inability to have their booking system corrected. ;)

RCCL are working on having the online booking issue corrected as soon as they can.

Nellies Beach will not be like Barefoot...it will not have a wall built round it to stop others coming onto Nellies Beach.

Hi Elizanesse

Thankyou for the information...and good to hear RCCL will have their site updated......I had to reply to you as I met friends from Scotland last year on our cruise on the Oasis...they are from Laurencekirk Aberdeenshire and we have kept in close contact with them since ..... they are coming out to meet with us again in May on the Allure...and beleive it or not her name is Elizan.... I have not heard the name before I had met her....our ambition now is to spend some time with them in the next year or so when we make the big trip to Europe.....there are so many cruises I want to do while there ...I can see being away from home for some time....anyway thanks for the info ...will be watching the RCCL site....cheers Jenny

Sailing Soon:

Rhapsody of the Seas 17days 2012 Hawaii to Vancouver

Rhapsody of the Seas 12days 2012 Sydney to Hawaii

Oasis of the Seas 7days 2012 Caribbean

Allure of the Seas 7days 2012 Caribbean

Carnival Splendour 7days 2012 Mex Riviera

Voyager of the Seas 19days 2013 Sydney Fremantle

Voyager of the Seas 12days 2013 Fremantle Singapore

Carnival Spirit 7days 2013 Pacific Islands

Previous Sails:

Radiance of the Seas 14days 2011 New Zealand

Rhapsody of the Seas 3days 2011 Sydney

Dawn Princess 35days 2011 Pacific & Hawaii

Radiance Of the seas 14days 2011 Alaska

Oasis of the Seas 7days 2010 Caribbean

Legend of the Seas 7days 2010 Japan & China

Rhapsody of the Seas 7days 2010 Nth Australia

Dawn Princess 35days 2009 Dubaii to Sydney

Rhapsody of the Seas 17days 2009 Circ Nav Australia Top

Rhapsody of the Seas 15days 2009 Circ Nav Australia & New Zealand

RCCL are working on having the online booking issue corrected as soon as they can.

Nellies Beach will not be like Barefoot...it will not have a wall built round it to stop others coming onto Nellies Beach.

We are on the Freedom of the Seas March 18 and will be going to Labadee. We booked an over the water cabana on Nellies beach on line and we are looking forward to it. If, as you say, Nellies beach will not be private like Barefoot Beach they should not charge as much. The cabanas on Half Moon Cay do not have a private beach but are cheaper ($150) and include snacks and soda in the cabana.

Ashland - Yes there are the plastic loungers on Nellies Beach.

Someone else asked if the cabana's were smaller. They looked exactly like the ones in Barefoot Beach and would comfortably hold 6 people. Same layout.

Ashland - Yes there are the plastic loungers on Nellies Beach.

Someone else asked if the cabana's were smaller. They looked exactly like the ones in Barefoot Beach and would comfortably hold 6 people. Same layout.

We had thickly padded loungers in the cabanas at Barefoot so only plastic ones in Nellies cabanas ? ..Some have said they are only allowing 4 people per cabana..so my question was are they smaller..if not wonder why the change...Hmmm $$ for a group of 6 that now has to rent two.

We had thickly padded loungers in the cabanas at Barefoot so only plastic ones in Nellies cabanas ? ..Some have said they are only allowing 4 people per cabana..so my question was are they smaller..if not wonder why the change...Hmmm $$ for a group of 6 that now has to rent two.

I was told by the Royal Caribbean excursion people that the cabanas are for 6. Now, having said that, they couldn't tell me a thing about Nellie's Beach and only repeated the info about Barefoot.

Just a little information, the cabana price is per cabana NOT per person. I called Royal Caribbean and they insisted is was per person, but on their own site if you click on the description a little note at the bottom says the price is per cabana. Only list one person in your party....We already booked ours for Sept. 2012..Good Luck

We just tried to reserve these cabanas but they are $175.00 per person. $350.00 for a cabana is too steep for us.

Archived