WindStar cabin selection

beej210

We'll be on the Wind Star ship... the only cabins they have available are 140 (front left) or 108 (back left).

140 is the front most cabin, 108 is 4 cabins from the back...

Which one is better?

Thanks!

Personally, I would take 108 due to its proximity to the water platform at the back. JMHO.

I was on windsurf 10 years ago. We had the first cabin in the front and actually it was a little more spacious than the rest and we never felt any motion.

In fact, my travel agent recommended the cabin, and had stayed in the very one herself. We loved it.

Our first cruise on Wind Star we had cabin 101 (we booked very last minute). We were a bit worried about engine noise and whatnot, but between the slight rocking of the ship and the gentle hum of the engine we slept like babies.

Also enjoyed being so close to the water sports platform. Very convenient for quickly getting back to the cabin to change from our bsuits.

Actually, i would go with the more forward cabin as there would be less rocking. The forward cabins are actually placed pretty much midship location, as the cabins don't run all the way to the front.

This is my first time on curisecritic and found the very discussion Im interested in. We will be sailing on the windstar in May and have 109 which I was concerned may be a little to far back. I will try and get moved forward based on what i have read. Can anybody confirm for me..... Im told all the cabins are the same size on decks A and B (except for the owners suite). I cant seem to get a straight answer from windstar or my travel agent. Anybody know! Thanks

Hi

All of the cabins on all of the ships are the same....with the exception of the suites. Either choice would be fine. The Windsurf with 312 passengers has an elevator, Windstar and Windspirit do not. We are big fans of Windstar as you can see,,,and will be on the Surf Feb 4 in the BVI. Have a great cruise. You will love Windstar!

Thanks to everbody for the cabin info. We have only cruised one time before on one of the mega ships which we didnt really enjoy. Based on all the windstar reviews we are looking forward to this trip. Doing the Athens to Istanbul cruise in may with 2 extra nights in Athens.

• 2 weeks later...

The cabins on the Windsurf are very nice. I would avoid cabins 224 thru 230 because they are near the gangway where folks congregate waiting for the tenders to shore. It seems to me it would be a bit noisy in that location. We just got back today from another fantastic Windstar cruise and will post about our trip later.

This is my first time on curisecritic and found the very discussion Im interested in. We will be sailing on the windstar in May and have 109 which I was concerned may be a little to far back. I will try and get moved forward based on what i have read. Can anybody confirm for me..... Im told all the cabins are the same size on decks A and B (except for the owners suite). I cant seem to get a straight answer from windstar or my travel agent. Anybody know! Thanks

We've been in 109. We liked the location.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My husband & I are on the same Wind Star cruise departing May 26, 2012, sailing from Athens to Istanbul. I have found many good excursions for our Athens to Istanbul ports and am wondering if anyone would want to join us. It helps to lower the pp cost by quite a lot, it's much more personalized than using the ship's excursions, and you see more of the area.

We are, also, spending 5 days in each major port, Athens & Istanbul, prior & post trip. Is anyone else?

Thanks for replying.

Sue

• 2 months later...
Hi,

My husband & I are on the same Wind Star cruise departing May 26, 2012, sailing from Athens to Istanbul. I have found many good excursions for our Athens to Istanbul ports and am wondering if anyone would want to join us. It helps to lower the pp cost by quite a lot, it's much more personalized than using the ship's excursions, and you see more of the area.

We are, also, spending 5 days in each major port, Athens & Istanbul, prior & post trip. Is anyone else?

Thanks for replying.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Just wondering how your trip went. We are booked on Windspirit for Oct 6 and are just now looking at private excursions. Can you recommend any that you used? Would appreciate some feedback. There are four of us.. all "seniors" and we have confirmed private guides in Athens and Istanbul. We will be extending our visit in both of those locations. What we now need are recommendations for the rest of the trip. Also, any other suggestions? We have never been on a Windstar cruise. We did a couple large ship experiences and did not like them at all. From everything we have heard about Windstar it sounds like this experience should be a great one.

Archived