Recommendations for PV

Sonchyne4U

We will be in PV on Oct. 29th. The men of our group will be doing the Canopy Tour; however, we women prefer to stay on the ground. We would love some recommendations as to what we can do. We don't mind a little shopping, but not an entire day of it. We would like to see as much and do as much as possible (as long as our feet stay firmly on the ground). We also would like to find a nice little bar somewhere where we can sit and drink and admire the scenery. Hey, it's going to be 4 middle-aged women out by themselves for the day. We want to have some fun. Any suggestions?

If you want to get an overall "picture" of PV take the 3 hour city tour and then you can stay in town or go back to the ship. If you go back to the ship there are several hotels within walking distance that allow you to purchase day passes and you can use their pools, eat, drink whatever. If you don't necessarily have to see the main town of PV the all day Las Caletas tour is really nice. It takes about 1- 1 1/2 hours to get there by a smaller boat. It's a beautiful ride and then they serve lunch, have a bar, and you can layout, go kayaking, snorkeling, hiking etc.

Do you have to book the tours through the cruise line, or can you get private tours at the pier? I usually prefer the tours off the ship as they are cheaper and you usually are able to see more. We've never been to the Mexican Rivera so I have no idea what to do there.

Just got off the Diamond Princess 4/9. Our guys went on the canopy tour as well. We went in town and walked around (very nice) then took a cab to the Krystal Hotel. We had the best massage ever, 1 hr 15 min. for $35 at the Millenium Spa at the hotel. I made reservations in advance by email. Then we hung around at the beach and their beautiful pool. The guys met us there after the canopy tour for drinks. You can walk to the Krystal from the ship. It's only about 5 min. The hotel is beautiful. If you look back in the threads the website for the Krystal and directions to the hotel from the ship are available. The whole cruise was great, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Another fun thing to do is take a cab or bus downtown (El Centro), and then meander up and down the Rio Cuale area. Some fun vendor shops where you can haggle for souvenirs, and a few nice restaurants as well. I particularly recommend the River Cafe. It's an upscale place right on the river with lots of shade and a relaxing atmosphere. They have good food and usually have live music or jazz playing.

I'd write to pv Pam. That's how we found about stuff to do. And cheaper than the ship tours, that's for sure. I wish I could help you with prices but I just don't remember, vacations tend to do that to a person or at least to me.:D

Anyway you should be able to get in touch with her at pvpam@prodigy.com.mx

Hoping that you have as good a time as we did.

Buck and Sharon Gilbert

Plus our kids 13 and 15 that enjoyed things too

Archived