shore excursion reviews

MacGuffin

Hello Princess fans. Are there any threads covering Princess shore excursion reviews? Will be heading to Rome on the Ruby and was wondering if the Connoisseur tours of Rome and Florence were worth the extra bucks. DH and I are mainly interested in the Vatican and Florence (not Pisa). We are hoping the Connoisseur tours might help us bypass some long lines or show us some areas the regular tours skip. Thanks in advance!!!!!

;)

Hello Princess fans. Are there any threads covering Princess shore excursion reviews? Will be heading to Rome on the Ruby and was wondering if the Connoisseur tours of Rome and Florence were worth the extra bucks. DH and I are mainly interested in the Vatican and Florence (not Pisa). We are hoping the Connoisseur tours might help us bypass some long lines or show us some areas the regular tours skip. Thanks in advance!!!!!
There isn't a section for cruise line shore excursion reviews. They are usually part of someone's general cruise review.

Two suggestions:

1. Go to the Ports of Call section where you'll find a wealth of information about independent tours and recommendations.

2. Join the roll call for your cruise. People will probably be putting together tours and looking to share vans with others. For my March and October cruises, I've already joined independent tours in almost every port that will have from just a few to less than half of the Princess tours and see/do more for half the price.

You might also want to check out this on the main page (not in the forums section) of cruise critic:

Along the top section click on ports and then click on the area that you are going. You will find many member reviews of each port there. They may not all be people who have done a Princess shore excursion but there is definitely some good info there.

I also wish there was somewhere to find reviews of Princess Excursions in Italy. Our roll call for my cruise in July is very quite. There are only a handful signed up and no one is arranging excursions. No one is even posting.

We are now deciding between doing private excursions for just the four of us or doing the Princess excursions. There's actually a lot of information on this site about independent tours, but when you're reserving for just four people they are quite a bit more expensive than the Princess tours. We are leaning toward the Princess Tours in some ports just because they are so much less expensive. I know this goes against the conventional wisdom on this board that says private tours are cheaper but when you actually price it out it doesn't work that way.

I also wish there was somewhere to find reviews of Princess Excursions in Italy. Our roll call for my cruise in July is very quite. There are only a handful signed up and no one is arranging excursions. No one is even posting.

We are now deciding between doing private excursions for just the four of us or doing the Princess excursions. There's actually a lot of information on this site about independent tours, but when you're reserving for just four people they are quite a bit more expensive than the Princess tours. We are leaning toward the Princess Tours in some ports just because they are so much less expensive. I know this goes against the conventional wisdom on this board that says private tours are cheaper but when you actually price it out it doesn't work that way.

I'm thinking that it's still kinda early for your roll call; I bet it'll pick up in the spring. I wouldn't give up hope yet, if I were you. Meanwhile, you can always book Princess excursions to have in hand, and then cancel them later if you do collect more people for a private.

Hi we did the tour last sept and it was fantastic and well worth the money.You get to see the Colosseum the Trevi Fountian and the Vatican museum along with the Sistine chapel. and we had lunch at the Hotel Savouy. And at the Vatican we were given a rose wood rosery. Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

:confused:Along this same line, I am booked on the Crown Princess in June. I have gone into cruise personalizer and tried to build an excursion book. I get so far and it looks like it should work, but nothing. Has anyone else tried to do this and do you know a secret I should be trying?

Archived