Photos of HC cabin 7324 on RCCL Freedom of the Seas

Mama24

These are pics of an accessible balcony cabin, #7324, taken during my recent too-short cruise on Freedom of the Seas.

Some observations:

1. Lots of space I thought, more than I was expecting. You can see how my wheelchair fits in one of the pics.

2. The bathroom is certainly not huge, but roomy enough for the wheelchair to turn in a complete circle.

3. The shower is small. Workable but small. When I first saw the shower seat, I laughed and thought no way is my butt gonna fit on that! But it was fine.

4. The grab bar near the toilet that comes out from the wall can be folded up out of the way.

5. The sink is very high. Either that, or I am shorter than I thought. Again, though, it was workable.

6. The pic of the balcony shows the fold down ramp. In order to close the door, you have to fold it up. Very easy to use, though the door is heavy.

If I can answer any questions, I'd be happy to. :)

IMG_0975.jpg.68a851e4713b3cab0e4ad3e5225a855e.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg.2e7d0ba40e257557b04b3701a10038e5.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg.d7a4ca9beba35964d8820e12dfa4b7d6.jpg

Many thanks---great to see the cabin before sailing. You are right--that shower seat is small. My husband 6ft. tall, but we hope it works,as it did for you

FYI- Even though you have a HC cabin you also can contact the Special Needs Department of the cruiseline prior to your cruise and request a seperate shower chair. I find this works better for me than the fold down seat.

Lea

Thanks for posting the pics. Can I ask you about outlets--just the standard one by the desk? Also did you have any isues with water running out from under the shower curtain and how did you fix that? And finally about excursions--where did you go and was everything accessible?

Jan

Lea

Thanks for posting the pics. Can I ask you about outlets--just the standard one by the desk? Also did you have any isues with water running out from under the shower curtain and how did you fix that? And finally about excursions--where did you go and was everything accessible?

Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, only the one outlet. I use an oxygen concentrator and a Bi-Pap machine at night so we used a 3-outlet grounded plug (posted a pic for you) and RCCL provided an extension cord for us.

There wasn't too much water that escaped the shower drain. Not perfect, but there were adequate towels to soak up the mess. I probably wouldn't leave anything on the floor near the shower that I cared whether it got wet or not. I also turned off the water while I washed. The water pressure in the hand held shower head is amazingly strong. The shower is in the corner of the room, and there are two long drains on either side.

Our ports of call were Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Grand Cayman is a tendered port, so I was not able to leave the ship. I did go ashore at Cozumel, but my DD and I just walked around the shopping area at the port and people-watched. I didn't do any shore excursions, so unfortunately I don't know anything about the accessibility there. :o

Hope that helps. :)

pRS1-6969159w345.jpg.a03ab65bf50d9aa1a2e79d710e317ad7.jpg

I did call the special needs department regarding a shower chair. Was told they only offer a shower stool.

I would think that a commode could be used as a shower chair

The Special Needs Department tends to use the term shower stool generically. I know for certain on RCCL their ships generally have both a shower stool with no arms and a shower chair with arms rest. When I have request a shower chair I get a chair with arm rests. When I request a shower stool I get a stool with no arm rests.

Assume you are referring to a portable commode ? That would probably work as well but generally this is something you would need to rent or bring on board yourself as most cruiseship do not provide portable commodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Your pictures look just like 7604 on Mariner of the Seas. We just got off her this last Sunday out of Galveston. Great room but the shower chair was very small for my hubby who is an amputee. Nice balcony on this ship also. Great cruise!!!!!!

Can I ask if cabin 7324 will accomodate 3 people?

There is a sofa in the cabin, but I don't think it opens into a bed. Not 100% sure on that so you might have to call RCCL to find out. I do know there aren't any pullman beds.

There certainly is enough room in the cabin for 3 though.

Archived