After the Costa Concordia tragedy, my husband wants to take a flashlight with us.

Ladysilver

We've been listening to passengers accounts of the ship losing power and everyone struggling to get around in the dark, which caused even more panic. We leave on the Triumph next saturday and my husband says he's bringing his flashlight with us. He's not expecting trouble, but he said "I bet those passengers wished they had thought of bringing a flashlight." He's not being rediculous, is he? I don't think so...:D

Yes! We have always traveled with a flashlight....all travel. We each keep one on nightstand and we both have the iphone flashlight app, which has multiple flashlights and effects on it! :D

I have always been a too large of a purse carrier...loving the break in a hotle stay or on a ship..well makes one want a small flight bag with them...at all times.....LED garter belt that can switch to a headband??..LOL..a must for all travelling and dressing on elegant night.

and Girl Scouts of America..:)LOL..S.

I did make first class...LOl..s.

I made first class too. I always bring a flash light along, but I guess it would not do me any good on the ship if I needed the flashlight and it was still in the cabin. I guess I'll have to work out the details for that one.;)

I made first class too. I always bring a flash light along, but I guess it would not do me any good on the ship if I needed the flashlight and it was still in the cabin. I guess I'll have to work out the details for that one.;)

LOL..thanks for joking with me...Guess we have to crack open our handbooks...and oh man seriously have to fine tune plans everywhere...i was better in Oregon for eathquake etc...;)...Sarah

Hey Ashley, How are you doing? Any more cruises planned? We're doing a Disney cruise on Jan.26th with our son and his family. By the way, we always carry a flashlight too!!

Hey!!!! Hope you are doing well! We are great! We actually have 2 cruises booked! We are driving to Galveston for our 1 year anniv, the magic just so happens to be celebrating her 1 year anniv too! So we thought why not! Just this week I booked us the 2 day on the breeze! Can't wait for either!!! So good to hear from you! Do you have any booked?

I always travel with a small flashlight. On a cruise, my meds, flashlight, copy of passport, ID, some money, small first aid kit, emergency numbers and charger for cell phone are kept in ziplock bag for easy retrieval if needing to evacuate.

Having been in a hotel that caught fire years ago while attending a conference, I learned quickly the importance of having my "ziplock to go bag" ready. The flashlight was handy for getting through the darkened stairwells.

I sleep with a flashlight on my bedside table at home. It has come in handy several times during power outages when needing to head from the 2nd floor to the basement because the sirens have gone off during storms.

We've been listening to passengers accounts of the ship losing power and everyone struggling to get around in the dark, which caused even more panic. We leave on the Triumph next saturday and my husband says he's bringing his flashlight with us. He's not expecting trouble, but he said "I bet those passengers wished they had thought of bringing a flashlight." He's not being rediculous, is he? I don't think so...:D

I added a small, powerful flashlight to my "cruise supplies" after the Splendor fire. It really doesn't take up space, and you never know when it might come in handy!

In one of the photos I saw earlier today of the rescued Concordia passengers, a woman was wearing her life vest and her fanny pack. I know many mock the fanny pack - not me because I am a hands free geek; but think how useful it would be if you had it stored in your cabin with your ids, cash, prescriptions etc. and of course had time to retrieve it. Just food for thought.

I too take a flashlight on our cruises.

Fanny pack packed with all you need is a great idea. Just chiming in to say I saw pics of the rescued with life jackets on and one lady had her actually purse. Her pocketbook?! Totally not hands free and totally out of place in the pic. I imagined her climbing in a life boat dealing with it and making sure she always had a hand on it. While it may have contained important stuff I couldnt help picturing the awkwardness of dealing with it.

I have never seen the credit card style flashlights. Where can you find one of those?

Hi..I would google..i have that size mag. lens with a flashlight on end one has to push every few seconds to read by or see to keep light on...I gave it to my mom when coming back from Hawaii on a rough red-eye plane flight and she was then engrossed in her romance novel..dealing with the stress well..more uses than one..LOL..found those in packets of three at Costco..Sarah:)

We always cruise with two LED lights/small lanyards and place them on the top of the conical shaped lampshades in our cabin at night and in our pockets/swimshorts during the day. A ships interior can get very dark without power in daylight. Yeah ,I was a Boy Scout!

Archived