Concordia Veers Directly into Island--Must Watch!

abitaturbodog

Evidence is mounting.....

Prosecutors believe Mr Schettino had been intending to perform the nautical equivalent of a fly-by past the island's main port when the accident happened. ......There was someone in particular that wanted to be signalled from the ship."

Sheesh....Most people just pick up the cell phone when they want to say "hello". :confused:

If I were one of those passengers and heard that the reason I'd been put through this he!! was to have the captain impress one of his buddies, I'd be absolutely insane with rage and go into debt hiring an army of lawyers. How absolutely assanine and completely unnecessary is that? IF it is true, what a total moron. :eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9016774/Italy-cruise-ship-disaster-did-island-sail-past-put-ship-on-course-for-disaster.html

Take a look at this article...Not only is the Captain to blame, but Costa MUST HAVE known about this maneuver since it was done many times in the past. The Mayor of Giglio said that the locals would all come out and cheer the ship as it passed. This was not something that was only done once.

From what I've read on the Costa page, the Concordia was supposed to be 4 miles west of Giglio, sailing in the open sea when it struck the rock. If this is true, then Costa has a lot of explaining to do.

Archived