Valor Photo Review ~ January 1-8 ~ Western: Westin, Chankanaab, Bannister, Maya Key

Aviendah

This is gorgeous!!!!!! Did you use a tripod for this? I can never,ever get a clear night photo :(

I didn't use a tripod though I wished a hundred times over I had one! I balanced on the railing, held my breath and hoped it wouldn't be too blurry. :)

Thanks so much! We are on the Valor this Saturday but going to southern Caribbean. Do you remember what night they had the Mexican buffett? My DH loves it.

I believe the Mexican Buffet was Friday night. It's definitely worth staying up late to see!

Oh Wow,,is all I can say, except What a great review! Fantastic photos. Your on board photos brought back memories from my wonderful cruise on Valor back in 2007. Loved, absolutely loved the review and your photos!:)

Believe it or not it wasn't until we got home and looked at all our photos that we realized how much the American Flag was used in the decor. I think the photos give a much different perspective. While on the ship it wasn't nearly so obvious.

We sailed on the valor a few years ago, and I never saw the flag theme on the floor either! It was the first thing I noticed in your pictures. I think it stands out more when you see it in photos. ~unless it was redone since we went on it. Nice review. Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Glad you had a great time. The valor was our least favorite cruise. Service was horrible with dining room and the staff arranging the tenders- glad to see it has improved!

Thank you so much for your review. I really enjoyed all your great pics. I especially liked those from Maya Key. We will be sailing to Roatan and not sure what excursion we want to do. This one looks great! :D

We debated about Roatan as well. I really wanted a great snorkeling spot and everyone said to go to West Bay. I found a lot of reviews that said West Bay was busy with a lot of water activities going on. We were looking for a serene retreat this trip and that's why we chose Maya Key. We loved the location with the sound of the tropical birds all around us. It was our favorite day and we would highly recommend this excursion if you are looking for some laid back beautiful scenery and snorkeling.