Welcome Aboard Bags

OhMyGosh

Does Carnival allow you to bring Welcome Aboard gift bags to give to your guest. Does this count as carry on? I have 23 bags I will need to take and I'm concerned about getting them on the ship. Will they allow the bags to contain bottled water and snacks? I think I read somewhere where Carnival will deliver the bags for $1 each?

I know I need to call my wedding planner and ask but figured someone could also help me out here ;-)

yes you can bring them. no they dont count as carry ons. yes they deliver for 1 but they cant guarantee when your guests will get them. save the dollar, put the guests welcome aboard bags up at your reception and hand them out there or deliver them to their rooms yourself. :-)

Pack them all up in a big suitcase or box. Label it with your room/ luggage tag.

I had a bunch of stuff (silk flower bouquets, cake topper, dresses et al) for my vows renewal. I gave everything except my purse to the porter on the dock and the stuff was delivered to my room later.

You can bring them- we put ours in bins and wheeled them on with a luggage grade dolly. I had so much fun planning ours and labeling them- but I will tell you that is one of the thing I would have skipped if I had to do over. Everyone really had packed for what we included even though they were cute. We also sent each cabin a bottle of champagne. I thin the champagne or photo certificate or steakhouse certificate would have been better used and easier for all. That being said- I did have an awful lot of fun putting the bags together.

Can you pack food + drink in OOT bags?

Thanks!

I talked to Carnival yesterday. Yes, you can pack sealed food and drink items (excluding alcohol). No baked goods. And this does not count as carry on. Can't have bubbles... boo because I already had that in my bags.

I did sailing guest gift bags and had them delivered to the rooms. I only had 12 sailing with us and they were all couples. So, I made one gift bag for each couple to lessen the amount of things to carry aboard. (I put two of each item in the bags). When I put them together I also included a welcome aboard letter which I folded and attached to the top of each with the cabin number it needed to go. All the bags were delivered before we went to dinner at 6 PM.

Archived