Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami

kelkel2

We are looking at booking a southwest flight and would like to take the Carnival Liberty out of Miami. Southwest does not fly to miami, just to FLL. Has anyone had any experience in getting from FLL to Miami? How much does a taxi cost? How long of a drive is it? I was under the impression that it is reasonably close.

We have made that trip numerous times. The cheapest and easiest way is to go with SAS transportation. Google the web site. Lots of info relating to them on these boards. $15 per person each way, they will pick you up at the airport in FLL or at your hotel. They will also be there to pick you up when your ship returns in Miami and take you to the airport (figure about 45 minutes to get to the airport from port of Miami). If you want transportation on your own in FLL, rent a car. There are no one way drop fees in south Florida so you can pick up in FLL and drop in MIA. A few rental companies (Alamo is one) will provide a free shuttle from the MIA rental car location to the port. We are flying into FLL in April for a cruise out of Miami and will use SAS again. They really do an excellent job.

Look at FloridaLimo . com.

We use them every time we fly into MIA or FLL, for business or cruise.

They pick you up at baggage claim holding a sign with your name, and you can get Town Car service for little more than a regular taxi. They're very professional and they track your flight, they'll be early if you're ahead of schedule or wait if you are delayed.

In addition to those mentioned above, check out QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/); all can shuttle you to POM for about $15+ per person and they offer discounts for groups, families and children - they can also shuttle you back to FLL after your cruise for the same fare. The ride takes about 40 minutes or so.

A taxi on the same run will cost you $85+ :eek: Good luck! :)

Don't take a taxi from FLL to Miami, it's expensive! There are plenty of shuttle options that have already been mentioned. I have used SAS multiple times. Check around to see who has the best deal, although most of the shuttle companies prices are going to be very close comparatively.

Goairpotshuttle was $53 for 2 people at 9:15am

SAS did not have service untill 11:00am

Our flight arrives at 9:00am any other ideas?

I was considering the Tri rail for $5 a pp to MIA, then a shuttle or a cab to the port, since we time to kill.

Goairpotshuttle was $53 for 2 people at 9:15am

SAS did not have service untill 11:00am

Our flight arrives at 9:00am any other ideas?

I was considering the Tri rail for $5 a pp to MIA, then a shuttle or a cab to the port, since we time to kill.

Option #1: Rent a car and drop it either at MIA where some of the companies (Thrifty/National & others) offer free POM shuttles or downtown Miami (both Avis and Hertz have offices very close to POM ($10 cab if they will not shuttle).

Option #2: Catch free shuttle to one of the nicer hotels (Hilton), tip to have your bags watched, and enjoy a late breakfast and maybe a few mimosas :D. Have SAS or another company pick you up about 11:00 and head for POM.

Good luck! :)

I sent SAS an email last week asking them about transportation from FLL to South Beach. The website said you have to have a minimum of 3 people to go to Miami. We only have two. I asked them if they had anyone else going at our date and time. I also was going to use them from port to FLL airport upon return. They never responded. Now have to do more research for cheapest way to Miami.

I sent SAS an email last week asking them about transportation from FLL to South Beach. The website said you have to have a minimum of 3 people to go to Miami. We only have two. I asked them if they had anyone else going at our date and time. I also was going to use them from port to FLL airport upon return. They never responded. Now have to do more research for cheapest way to Miami.

Check out QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/); Larry's Limos has also been suggested often for Miami service. Good luck! :)

This would also be a problem for us...it's just my husband and I traveling!

I also left this a phone message for SAS and they never called back. Not sure if I want to deal with this type of company. We need to go to a South Beach hotel. I called Go shuttle and they want $21 and the other shuttle company that was mentioned wanted $28. Any other suggestions for inexpensive transport? Larry's limo is out of our price range.

Thank you!!

We leave tomorrow so might have to go with Go shuttle.

FYI - I'm using SAS from FLL to Crowne Plaza MIA and it is $54 for the 2 of us for that leg of our trip. It is $15 pp from the port back to the airport after our cruise. Not the $15 pp each way as others have reported on the boards. I guess that rate is for other areas around Miami.

FYI - I'm using SAS from FLL to Crowne Plaza MIA and it is $54 for the 2 of us for that leg of our trip. It is $15 pp from the port back to the airport after our cruise. Not the $15 pp each way as others have reported on the boards. I guess that rate is for other areas around Miami.

The SAS $15 pp rate is only for transport between FLL & nearby hotels and a downtown Miami hotel or the POM. If SAS takes you anywhere else in the Miami area the pp rate will be different.

The SAS $15 pp rate is only for transport between FLL & nearby hotels and a downtown Miami hotel or the POM. If SAS takes you anywhere else in the Miami area the pp rate will be different.

Thanks for the info. I'm not complaining about it, just thought I'd post for others who might choose a hotel in a different area. I used Priceline for the hotel and the savings more than makes up for the little extra for the transportation.

Archived