Womens waterproof low hikers

oratheeexplorer

Do you have a BonTon (Department Store) or a Clarks Shoe Store near you? I've got two pairs of waterproof hikers - both are Clarks name brand. Bought one at Bon-Ton and one from the Clarks Shoe Store itself - both local and nearby for me. LOVE them both - so light and comfy, I wear them all day in AK, and use them often here in Pennsylvania - for wet springs or snowy winters. Both do the trick of keeping my feet dry and warm.

Check around local shoe stores to see if they carry the Clark's brand, and if so, check out their stock for fit and comfort.

Anyone have any suggestions for where to get some good womens waterproof low hiking shoes? We are in Illinois and I have never heard of REI......and these are something I'd like to try on, not just order from the internet.....

Here's the link to REI stores in IL - http://www.rei.com/map/store#IL

That's where I got mine. They were about $120.

I almost never can find my size in a local store as I wear as size 10.5 Narrow. :eek: The internet is really my only choice. www.zappos.com and http://www.shoebuy.com/ offer free shipping both ways. It is not unusual from me to buy several sizes of the same shoe and then return those that don't fit. Just the way someone like me has to do business. I can't even remember when was the last time I found my size in a local store.

I bought a pair of Lands End Snow Trekkers earlier this year, and I love them. LE just sent me a sale email, and the price has been reduced to 39.99. I'm thinking about getting another pair.

I almost never can find my size in a local store as I wear as size 10.5 Narrow. :eek: The internet is really my only choice. www.zappos.com and http://www.shoebuy.com/ offer free shipping both ways. It is not unusual from me to buy several sizes of the same shoe and then return those that don't fit. Just the way someone like me has to do business. I can't even remember when was the last time I found my size in a local store.

I thought I was the only one who wore a 10.5 narrow! I second Zappos. They make it really easy to try shoes on in your home and return whatever doesn't work with no hassles at all.

I thought I was the only one who wore a 10.5 narrow! I second Zappos. They make it really easy to try shoes on in your home and return whatever doesn't work with no hassles at all.

It is a rough size isn't it? Especially when you want athletic shoes, hikers or boots. I am so upset with myself that I didn't buy two pairs of the waterproof hikers I found in 2008 (online of course). Now I have not been able to find another pair like it.

I really do prefer to support my local stores, but they just don't bother carrying them. A few places will special order, but I can get them faster ordering them myself and with the free return, I have lost nothing.

Do you have a BonTon (Department Store) or a Clarks Shoe Store near you? I've got two pairs of waterproof hikers - both are Clarks name brand. Bought one at Bon-Ton and one from the Clarks Shoe Store itself - both local and nearby for me. LOVE them both - so light and comfy, I wear them all day in AK, and use them often here in Pennsylvania - for wet springs or snowy winters. Both do the trick of keeping my feet dry and warm.

Check around local shoe stores to see if they carry the Clark's brand, and if so, check out their stock for fit and comfort.

I love Clarks shoes.......I have a pair I got from Bergners.....I just looked on the Clarks website to see what kind of waterproof shoes they have...are yours the leather ones? There were some called Muckers that are leather, almost look like a mens shoe....they are on sale on their website for $59.....

I bought a pair of Lands End Snow Trekkers earlier this year, and I love them. LE just sent me a sale email, and the price has been reduced to 39.99. I'm thinking about getting another pair.

I looked on the Lands End website and they are showing a pair on sale now for $29, but there are several reviews that say they had to buy inserts because they are flat inside with no arch support.....

Hi Laura! Yes, one pair is Muckers, and one is Privo. Both leather, both waterproof. The Privos are lighter, not so heavy on the feet as the Muckers. But as I said, both are great and I wear them all the time. Very comfortable with arch support. I got the Muckers on sale at Bon-Ton for a more than reasonable $29.00! but that was back in 2008, I believe. the Privos I bought right from the Clark Store near my house, and those were quite a bit more - $59.00, I believe. Still a great bargain though!

Hi Laura! Yes, one pair is Muckers, and one is Privo. Both leather, both waterproof. The Privos are lighter, not so heavy on the feet as the Muckers. But as I said, both are great and I wear them all the time. Very comfortable with arch support. I got the Muckers on sale at Bon-Ton for a more than reasonable $29.00! but that was back in 2008, I believe. the Privos I bought right from the Clark Store near my house, and those were quite a bit more - $59.00, I believe. Still a great bargain though!

I actually have a pair of Privo Clarks.....but don't know if they are waterproof.....they are suede.....they are more comfortable than my New Balance tennis shoes.....do you wear the same size in the Muckers? I usually wear a 7, but in New Balance and the Clarks Privos, I had to get a 7 1/2.....I have some Clarks sandals that are 7s......

I looked on the Lands End website and they are showing a pair on sale now for $29, but there are several reviews that say they had to buy inserts because they are flat inside with no arch support.....

Inserts add to the cost for sure.

I love Clarks shoes.......I have a pair I got from Bergners.....I just looked on the Clarks website to see what kind of waterproof shoes they have...are yours the leather ones? There were some called Muckers that are leather, almost look like a mens shoe....they are on sale on their website for $59.....

I wear Clark waterproofs but only in the Winter up. In the Summer I prefer Merrells-their jungle mocs are great-light weight, dry (they will resist water pretty well) and are great for walking.

I wear my Merrells almost everywhere (I prefer good hiking boots for off trail walking).

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/20464W/5423/Taupe/J60802?dimensions=0

They are not cheap, but you can wear them in Illinois too....

Laura - I went up a half size on both the Privos and the Muckers - simply because I wear them with heavy socks in AK. And yes, the Privos are simulated suede, but they are waterproof. I did spray both pairs with waterproof spray before the last trip and then when I got home. Have never had issues with wetness or even dampness w/either pair.

Thanks! I just bought the Lands End Treckers for $29. I checked an hour and a half ago and they had my size in navy blue. I made dinner and went to order and my size is gone! I ordered them in creme brulee which is tan and brown. Not my favorite but better than spending a lot more for shoes just for the cruise. I used a coupon code I found online and got free shipping which saved me $8.95.

Anyone have any suggestions for where to get some good womens waterproof low hiking shoes? We are in Illinois and I have never heard of REI......and these are something I'd like to try on, not just order from the internet.....

I've worn a lot of Salomon GTX (goretex) shoes. The strings' style is the best and the GTX version means waterproof. . Great hiking/walking/running shoes -- total protection, light and stable. I got mine from various places -- I bought my first pair of Salomon years ago at REI, and now I just look at ebay -- great deals to be had.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived