Voyager 1/7/2012 NOLA sailing review w/ pics

momof4_tn

Thanks so much for an informative and practical post/review...l am glad you enjoyed the cruise....my only disappointment was to hear some of your clothes shrank!:eek:

You answered all the 'little' questions that Sales staff would never have been able to. The pictures are a pure bonus....especially the pics of the areas that could and do get busy with upto 3000 odd guests!

Thanks again...we are booking for 12/12, 14 nights Australia to New Zealand return.

Momo4, what a great job you have done here, monumental, you deserve a medal. We will be on this cruise in 11 days time (4th Feb) and I must say you have answered a lot of questions we had. Our first cruise was on the Navigator (06) and since we have been on 'smaller' ships (Empress, legend (2), Brilliance, Serenade and Granduer), so this is our taste back to the bigger class and we have(had) reservation about the size as we love the Serenade class and size. You have allayed most doubts and I am sure we will have a great time. I see some of our cc friends from our cruise thread have commented on here and I am sure all will agree what a great job you have done.

Thanks again

Graeme (UK)

Momof4, I sent you a "friend" request. I would like to ask you a question about one of your photos, off the public message area. (I assume we can do that if we are "friends"?)

Thanks! :)

I accepted it. Not sure how to make contact but you're welcome to try it.

. We had booked a private excursion through Moby Dick Tours. I can’t say enough good things about Moby Dick but more about that later.

So glad to hear this! We have them booked in March for both the Stingrays in GC and their Dunns River Falls tour they do in Jamaica!

Love your review!

:o Geaux Tigers anyway :p

yes, indeed :)

thanks for this review...I found it very interesting...my family group was on the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral this exact same week...we considered this cruise out of NOLA (since we live in Baton Rouge), but we really wanted to try out the Dream...we are also loyal to Carnival, although we are seriously considering Royal Caribbean (VOS out of NOLA) for our next cruise...and this itinerary to Grand Cayman and Jamaica would be our choice

we, btw, had a full capacity sailing on Dream that week, and I did find the shows and dining quite crowded at times on the ship...we were in Coz the same day VOS was, and we, too, were watching the last minute "runners" prior to departure :D

Thanks for a fun review! We were on the December 24th sailing and it was great to see your pix. To the poster who asked about Moby Dick, we used them in Grand Cayman too and had a great experience. Very easy and fun (we had a group of 10). We also recommend Machu Picchu for parking. So easy and Angel was great. They shuttle you over in vans, so you don't have to wait for a bus to fill up. We called for pick-up and they were there within 5 minutes.

Here are Days 5, 6, & 7. I did not include the inserts.

Thanks you so much for taking the time to do this. We are on the same iterary in a couple of weeks and this is VERY helpful for dinner planning etx.

Thanks again - great review.

Tiredol6

Mike (and Cindy)

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation memories and the daily onboard compass. We sail in March and are looking forward to a wonderful cruise. I did not see any "drink specials" listed on the compass other than the drink of the day...did you notice any onboard? Thanks again!

Can anyone suggest a good place from which to view the various parades, shows, parties that take place on the Royal Promenade. I have not been on Voyager Class before and would appreciate your views. Is it best to just get in the middle of the crowd or are there higher vantage points from which to see and take photos?

Thanks

Tiredol6

Mike (and Cindy)

Archived