Cabin 5135 on QM2

AlanChez

Hi,

We are hoping to sail on QM2 later this year. This trip is to celebrate our anniversary and so we want to make sure it is perfect or as near to perfect as we can make it.

I suffer from seasickness so we have decided on Deck 5, and cabin 5135 is available. According to the deck plans there is a thin white line between cabins 5135 and 5137. Can anyone confirm what it is?

So far I have been told it is a larger gap between the cabin pods which provides better soundproofing, it is a firewall, it is a crew only stairway or that it is a crew station/cupboard/pantry etc etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Hi,

We are hoping to sail on QM2 later this year. This trip is to celebrate our anniversary and so we want to make sure it is perfect or as near to perfect as we can make it.

I suffer from seasickness so we have decided on Deck 5, and cabin 5135 is available. According to the deck plans there is a thin white line between cabins 5135 and 5137. Can anyone confirm what it is?

So far I have been told it is a larger gap between the cabin pods which provides better soundproofing, it is a firewall, it is a crew only stairway or that it is a crew station/cupboard/pantry etc etc.

Thank You.

In 2010 I was in 6.127 which is one deck above 5.135 and a few cabins farther forward. One of those "white line" things shows on the deck plan between 6.129 and 6.131 so, whatever it is, I must have walked past it many times in the course of a 21 night cruise but I don't recall ever noticing anything there. It's certainly not one of the room stewards' pantries from what I remember, but it could be a store cupboard or something of the sort.

J

Hi,

Thank You.

My son & his wife had a cabin like this a couple of years ago. When you go out on the balcony there is a metal wall from top to bottom separating you from the balcony next door instead of just the usual balcony partition wall. This gives you full privacy from the balcony next to you on that side.

Looking at the deck plans, I think he had 5058.

That thin white line indicates a fire wall. There will be a set of fire doors outside your cabin which can be closed in an emergency. The wall extends out to the balcony so as stated one side of your balcony will have a wall all the way to the top. The other side will have a divider which goes about 2/3s up.

That location is perfect if you are worried about motion. Deck 5 is also sandwiched between two passenger decks meaning there won't be noise from above or below.

Linda

My son & his wife had a cabin like this a couple of years ago. When you go out on the balcony there is a metal wall from top to bottom separating you from the balcony next door instead of just the usual balcony partition wall. This gives you full privacy from the balcony next to you on that side.

Looking at the deck plans, I think he had 5058.

Cabin 11117 on QM2 also has a metal wall (fire stop) on one side of the balcony.

Archived