Ft. Lauderdale or Miami to Southampton

Bankshot

We're doing a transatlantic this September from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale on Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas. Any suggestions for flights/airline leaving from Ft. Lauderdale? We also need to know which airport is recommended for the Southampton area.

We're doing a transatlantic this September from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale on Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas. Any suggestions for flights/airline leaving from Ft. Lauderdale? We also need to know which airport is recommended for the Southampton area.

Bankshot, I am investigating somewhat the same question, and don't have quick reply for you. Right now I'm more concerned with cost.

Since you are taking such a long flight, are you going to stay in England for a few days? Gatwick and/or Heathrow may be your coinflip since transportation to both is common.

WE are leaving from NYC for a cruise from Southampton back to NYC in April,2013. Booking a flight through the cruiseline is overpriced, and one-way ticket is overpriced. We are looking at a vacation PACKAGE through Delta; a week in a London hotel plus a round trip ticket is the best value right now. (my opinion)

I'll be looking for suggestions.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I don't have anything yet but we thoroughly enjoyed our flight on Lufthansa for the last Transatlantic out of Barcelona. We paid $450 each and booked through choiceair.com which books for R. Caribb., Celebrity and Azamara passengers.

Southampton's own airport doesn't handle long-haul.

London Heathrow (about 62 miles) or London Gatwick (90 miles) are your best bets for convenience, cost and frequency. Good public transport from either airport to central London or to Southampton - very very little to choose between the two, so let other criteria (flight costs etc) decide which.

Was on VisionOTS 3 months ago, just my size & style :)

JB :)

Archived