Golden D718

kamac56

I am booking this mini suite for myself and two others. Has anyone had this room and are there pros and cons to it and if so which would be a better mini on the dolpin level? Thanks for your help on this I really appreciate it.

I think a mini suite will be much more comfortable for three people. So you have chosen well. It has a separate sitting area with a sofabed, a larger bathroom with shower/tub combo, two tvs, and a larger balcony than the standard balconies. I do not know of any problems with the cabin you have chosen (noise issues, etc.). You are aft, which is a good location. You will have easy access to the main dining room and the buffet.

The only difference between the Dolphin mini suites and the Emerald deck minis is that the Dolphin balconies are completely uncovered while the Emerald balconies are totally covered. We always sail in an Emerald deck mini suite because we prefer the covered balcony.

Your cabin will accommodate four people, which is good. That means your third passenger will have the choice of sleeping on the sofabed or on the upper berth above the sofabed. On our last cruise, our third person chose to sleep in the upper berth above the sofabed because it had a thicker, more comfortable mattress and the upper berth does not block access to the balcony when it is in use. The sofabed does block access to the balcony while in use. In the minis that only accommodate three people, there is just a sofabed and no upper berth above it.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I went ahead and booked that room and will take your advice on the upper bed as well. I thought about the blocking but wasn't really sure how comfortable the upper bed would be. Thanks again.:)

Your cabin will accommodate four people, which is good. That means your third passenger will have the choice of sleeping on the sofabed or on the upper berth above the sofabed. On our last cruise, our third person chose to sleep in the upper berth above the sofabed because it had a thicker, more comfortable mattress and the upper berth does not block access to the balcony when it is in use. The sofabed does block access to the balcony while in use. In the minis that only accommodate three people, there is just a sofabed and no upper berth above it.

Hi

We just received our room assignment and it is near D718. Since there are only two of us, we don't need the upper berth and I am wondering if the upper berth will interfere with sitting on the sofa. Does this unit extend out of the wall when closed?

Lorraine:)

Hi

We just received our room assignment and it is near D718. Since there are only two of us, we don't need the upper berth and I am wondering if the upper berth will interfere with sitting on the sofa. Does this unit extend out of the wall when closed?

Only the minis that accommdate four people will have an upper berth above the sofabed. Even if your cabin has an upper berth it recesses completely flat into the ceiling and does not hinder your use of the sofabed in any way. In fact, you can still sit on the sofabed even when the upper berth is made up.

Hi

Only the minis that accommdate four people will have an upper berth above the sofabed. Even if your cabin has an upper berth it recesses completely flat into the ceiling and does not hinder your use of the sofabed in any way. In fact, you can still sit on the sofabed even when the upper berth is made up.

Thanks for letting me know that the extra berth will not interfere with our use of the sofa. One of the reasons we chose mini over balcony was because of the extra room for the sofa.

Archived