No response from Irie Tours for Segway?

w8ing2cruz

No sooner than I posted the previous message, I got a reply from Irie. They told me that they could only do the Segway Tour at 9am and if that didn't work, I could rent the Segways. I just responded that 9am worked for us, so I will see what happens next in terms of reserving the tour.

I finally got in touch with them - both on the phone and by e-mail. I actually got two responses - one said there would be no problem accomodating us for a tour and the second one indicated, as another post mentioned, that the guide will be conducting a bus tour (we don't get in to port until 1 p.m.) so the only option was to rent segways. I e-mailed her back to get a clarification between the two e-mails and have not had a response so far.

• 2 weeks later...
I emailed them twice within the past week and even sent them a message on their Facebook page. Nothing, nada.

I moved on, too bad for them.

It is frustrating! THis isn't the first company that has done that either. WHY do you put an email option out there if you're not going to respond? :mad: I don't get it.

Be patient! It's so worth it!

We just got back and this was the best day of our cruise!

Did you find them on Facebook and message them there? I had one couple in our group have a hard time getting ahold of them too, but she finally did and she's glad she waited.

Like all of you, I tried emailing them to confirm our Segway rentals for our February cruise on the Carnival Valor. After sending 3 emails without receiving a respsonse, I finally sent a 3rd, and rather nasty email to which they immediately responded. They were very apologetic and expressed how it is their busy season and they are understaffed. But, the major issue at hand is that they are having mechanical problems with some of the Segways and only have 5 that are working:(. They cannot be repaired on their island and must be sent back to the US. There are no other Segway rental companies on the island. We are 3 adults with 5 teenage girls and were so excited about Segwaying around town!

Of course, our girls think we, the adults, should let them use the Segways while we sit and wait for them! Yeah, sure, let them take off on an island without us! We either draw straws or we choose another activity! We are very disappointed as this was going to be something new for all of us and different from all the other shore excursions we've tried in the past.

Good luck to all of you trying to find another activity:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share our experience with Irie SEGWAY tour. I had contacted her by phone and she said no problem. Unfortunately there were problems:

• Curacao is an hour later than ship time - I've never had an issue with this before - both our faults for not confirming. This was a problem as the guy that was to give us a segway tour would have been double booked for the bus tour.
  • We had five in our group - she did not even have us booked and there was another there couple waiting as well. They were also an hour late.
  • They only had four working segways.:cool:

Bottom line - I've heard/read that their bus tour of the island is great but our segway tour was a bust.

Archived