QM2 - Deck 12 Cabins Adjacent to the Pavili on Pool

AlexDouglass

Opinions please: is a stateroom directly adjacent, or nearly so, to the Pavilion Pool on Deck 12 likely to face much in the way of unwanted noise from the pool area, the bar, or the nearby elevator lobby? We're interested in an AA cabin, but selection is limited for the voyage in which we're interested.

Thanks in advance for this board's valued expertise!

Hi Alex Douglass. On one of our QM2 voyages, we were assigned an AA cabin on Deck 12. I found that to be the most enjoyable cabin we've experienced. Not only did we enjoy the flexible dining times in the Britannia Club Restaurant, but being just a short walk to the Pavillion Pool was ever so pleasant. We were not disturbed by noise, although we did hear faintly the band playing during sailaway parties, usually of short duration and quite festive. If I remember correctly, our cabin was not far from the elevator, which was quite convenient.

Just to note that during school holidays, the Pavillion Pool is likely to be occupied by young children, and a minimum of adult supervision (it's a big ship, and everyone finds a place).

Suggestion: if you do book a cabin on Deck 12, study the elevator plans as not all elevators go to 12.

Best,

Salacia

Just to add: Deck 12 is not a good idea for anyone subject to Mal de Mar. Seriously.

Hi Alex Douglass. On one of our QM2 voyages, we were assigned an AA cabin on Deck 12. I found that to be the most enjoyable cabin we've experienced. Not only did we enjoy the flexible dining times in the Britannia Club Restaurant, but being just a short walk to the Pavillion Pool was ever so pleasant. We were not disturbed by noise, although we did hear faintly the band playing during sailaway parties, usually of short duration and quite festive. If I remember correctly, our cabin was not far from the elevator, which was quite convenient.

If only Vibz's residency in G32 could be the same - of short duration.

No Problems at all on this deck !... as Salacia says the only time you (may) hear the band is at a sailaway or perhaps for an hour at lunch time if the weather outside is poor.

Bell Boy:)

PS; Agree with you Whitemarsh... it's time for a change ;)

We were probably 8 doors down from the pool and never heard any noise form the pool on 12. People we got to know on world cruise had the cabin 2 doors from the pool and they never complained in 100 days. I'm very sensitive about noise, so I think 2 doors down was too close for me. You will love being on 12, there's less traffic because it doesn't go the entire length of the ship. It's nice to have that pool area handy, it's usually a quiet place to visit in the morning if your spouse is sleeping later than you. Band plays at this pool at noon many days while at sea, there's a ping pong table as you enter pool area, and there's always a gathering there.

Archived