Anyone taken tour: Art in the Bahamas in Nassau?

flashdog_1

I had not seen this tour offered before, but then it's been several years since we have been there. I wondered if any of my cruise critic buddies have taken this tour. It's short and relatively expensive and I want to be sure it's a good use of our time. It supposedly goes east and West to different galleries, giving some Nassau history enroute. I do not know if it goes past any of the classic Nassau landmarks enroute, either. Please help! Thanks!

Here's the description:

Experience some of the finest exhibitions as well as a variety of artwork on display and for sale by local artists. You'll be visiting Art Galleries such as: Doongalik Studios Art Gallery, The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas and Jessica's Tileworks Studios. Also, you may get a chance to see The Hub, Popop Studios, Stingrae Studio, Third Eye Art and Collectibles, Post House Gallery, New Providence Art & Antiques, Central Bank of the Bahamas Art Gallery and Bahama Art & Handicraft. You'll have the opportunity to meet Bahamian artists and learn about their Art World. You can even purchase a piece of ‘Bahamian artistic real estate' to take back with you! While you visit the eastern and western parts of the Island, your guide will be providing interesting historical and architectural facts about New Providence. Be prepared for an interesting journey that gives you an exclusive window into the unique world of Bahamian Art. Note: Visits to Art Galleries may vary as some may be closed on certain days of the week.

Archived