Drinks packages on sale

cnarf77

Potentially dumb question. Since we are paying a 15% service fee up front, does this mean that we don't have to tip at the bar? I assume this goes to the staff.

Hello

Not a dumb question. The service fee is added onto the drink package. This is to make up for the lost service fees that the individual drink sales would normally generate. You are always free to provide extra gratuity, but it is not required.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hi,

Daily price is $44 + 15% = $50.6. With discount you would pay $39.6 + 15% = $45.54.

You will pay $607.2 including 15%. I believe the $546.48 includes 15%.

There has been a bug in the on-line system that appears to be adding the 15% twice.

If you go to the final screen, where you are asked for you credit card details, you will see the amount that will be charged. In your case, it should be $546.48. If the amount is not correct, you can back out of the transaction.

Jim

Don't know if I get my mathematics right but if the 15% is added twice shouldn't it be 628,45 ?

Or am I thinking wrong?? Can't understand where the sum 617 comes from...

Just bought the premium package for wife and I for a 10 dayer. Saved $108.00!!!! We sailed in Solstice last year and really enjoyed having this amenity. We drank a little more than we would have otherwise but who cares....vacation is for doing what you might not do at home. We also drank a lot of specialty coffees, 3 or 4 per day. The package paid for itself but beyond that, we really liked the ease of operation and the "all inclusive" feel.

It takes some real researching to figure this out.

First, go to just the Celebrity site and see what the per day cost is (this will be without the 15% added).

Then, multiply this by the number of nights of your cruise & then add 15%.

Compare this to the full price shown on the "Online-checkin" portion where you go to buy your drinks package.

The price shown should be 10% less than the full price.

Celebrity has terrible website developers who just don't think of it, but we want to know what it would have been without the sale and what the savings is. They think we just want to know how much it costs today. I'm not sure what they are thinking because I am certain it has cost them countless phone calls.

To wrap up - DO NOT EXPECT a 10% discount from the price shown on your on-line check-in web page. That price includes the discount and seems to include the 15% although it says 15% will be added. The price should increase after January 30th.

We bought our packages this weekend and I was in the "well, we'll just cancel it if it is wrong" mode but it came out correctly.

Celebrity has been very prompt with refunding our shore excursion purchases when we decided not to do one we had gone to great effort to book. I'm sure they would be prompt about refunding this as well.

Beth

Hi

For the premium package:

The usual daily rate including 15% gratuity is $62.10

At the moment there is a 10% reduction so that is $55.89.

Now when you go to the booking screen the correct price

Will not immediately be shown until you confirm for payment.

There is a bug in the system but once you get to the screen where you

need to push the button to confirm payment the correct amount will be

Shown.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded but honestly you will not be over charged.

That means a 7 day prem package will be $391.23 inc.tip

10 days will be $558.90 and 14 days will cost $782.46.

For info the cost of a 14 day package in GB£ is £492.95 or £35.21

Per day.

Which is great for us Brits as that is an exchange rate of $1.587 to the £.

Just love Celebrity. :)

Celebrity has terrible website developers who just don't think of it, but we want to know what it would have been without the sale and what the savings is. They think we just want to know how much it costs today. I'm not sure what they are thinking because I am certain it has cost them countless phone calls.

Beth

So very true!!!

We bought the classic package which will meet our needs, but what happens if you want the odd glass that is more than $5, can you pay the difference or do you have to pay the whole price, say $6.50? (My DH may fancy a premium beer on the odd day?)

Yes you are charged the difference.

You can only pay the difference on the premium package. So if a drink/glass of wine is over $12 you pay the difference. If u get the classic package and buy something over the limit you're charged the full price.

For info the cost of a 14 day package in GB£ is £492.95 or £35.21

Per day.

Which is great for us Brits as that is an exchange rate of $1.587 to the £.

Just love Celebrity. :)

I just paid £1078.06 for 2 x 14 night Premium packages I went right through with the purchase hoping it would change at the end no luck I will wait until next week and see what the price is then phone customer services again. The only other thing I can think of is that ours is a "holiday" cruise did the offer say every cruise or most of their cruises ?

Wow....how annoying! :( Since the package is sold at a price per day and we are both going on a 14 night cruise, it should cost the same regardless of itinerary.

If it was me, I would book (in case it goes up as you say), then email and get them to check again and explain the price to you. You can cancel before you sail and get the cost refunded if you're not happy.

BTW....fabulous cruise you have booked!

I have 14 nights in July booked on Eclipse and 14 nights in December booked on Eclipse. July from Southampton to Iceland, Norway, Faroes; December - Southern Caribbean. The price for the premium or classic drinks package for these cruises is different. The Caribbean is cheaper so the prices aren't the same for 14 night cruises.

Karen

I have 14 nights in July booked on Eclipse and 14 nights in December booked on Eclipse. July from Southampton to Iceland, Norway, Faroes; December - Southern Caribbean. The price for the premium or classic drinks package for these cruises is different. The Caribbean is cheaper so the prices aren't the same for 14 night cruises.

Karen

:confused: I've not come across this before. We definitely paid the same price per day for our drink packages on our Equinox Med cruise as we have paid for our Constellation Caribbean cruise (disregarding the current sale).

Don't know if I get my mathematics right but if the 15% is added twice shouldn't it be 628,45 ?

Or am I thinking wrong?? Can't understand where the sum 617 comes from...

Hi,

Please to see that you have booked at the correct price. My calculations are:

15% of 39.6 = 5.94. My calculation is $39.6 + 5.94 + 5.94 X 12 = $617.76.

Trust this makes sense.

Jim

Karen

Hi,

Something is not right as both should be the same.

I am due to go on the Summit in September and according to My Celebrity the cost for 14 days is £970.26.

This figure is a bit less than expected. Calculating in $ and using current rate of exchange, a price nearer £1000 was expected. Down to good exchange rate being used by Celebrity??

Jim

I just paid £1078.06 for 2 x 14 night Premium packages I went right through with the purchase hoping it would change at the end no luck I will wait until next week and see what the price is then phone customer services again. The only other thing I can think of is that ours is a "holiday" cruise did the offer say every cruise or most of their cruises ?

Hi,

You appear to have paid the full price. The discount applies to all cruises From January 20 until December 31, 2012.

I am due to go on the Summit in September and according to My Celebrity the cost for 14 days is £970.26.

Jim

Hi,

Please to see that you have booked at the correct price. My calculations are:

15% of 39.6 = 5.94. My calculation is $39.6 + 5.94 + 5.94 X 12 = $617.76.

Trust this makes sense.

Jim

Jepp, it does.. I was counting 39,6*1,15*1,15... :)

Karen

Thanks for that Karen it doesn't seem so bad when we are not the only ones paying or being quoted a different price

The email says only these packages are discounted:

10% Savings Offer applies to the following regular price beverage packages on Celebrity cruises departing January 20-December 31, 2012: Classic Non-Alcoholic, Premium Non-Alcoholic, Classic, Premium, Soda and Premium Bottled Water. Beverage packages must be booked January 16-30, 2012. Service charge applies to select packages. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Offer subject to change without notice, not combinable with any other offer, and may be withdrawn at any time.

The price for the premium packag on the website is still the same price that I was given before Christmas - where do they take the 10% off ????

If you log on to your reservation, and click the "book beverage package" button, the price that is displayed is the sale price. But there is no indication that this is the case. As many others have remarked in other threads, Celebrity's web site is really awful.

The premium drink package on the Summit 7 day is normally $54 per day, so 54 x 7 = 378 x 15% ($56.70). So normally the cost would be $434.70. With the 10% discount it is $48.60 per day x 7 = 340.20 x 15% ($51.03). So new cost with discount is $391.23. So it is a savings of $43.47 per person per 7 day cruise or a savings of $6.21 per day. It's like getting almost a free day of cocktails and espresso! I'll take it!! :) Btw it first shows up on site as normal price than as you proceed through the purchase info the discount gets applied without actually telling you you're getting it. Enjoy!

If you log on to your reservation, and click the "book beverage package" button, the price that is displayed is the sale price. But there is no indication that this is the case. As many others have remarked in other threads, Celebrity's web site is really awful.

It also includes the 15% gratuity, but this isn't readily apparent.

I am trying to figure out what to order as far as a drink package for my upcoming Eclipse cruise in February. Definitely want the alcoholic one but not sure whether I should get the premium or classic.

From what I can figure out, if I want to get alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies I would need to order the premium package which would also include wine, beer, bottled water, soft drinks, juices, coffee and teas. If I get the classic package it does not include the frozen drinks or smoothies and does not include premium bottled waters but does include regular ones.

If I get a drink package can I take the bottled water off the ship in port or does it have to be consumed on board (silly question but cruise lines have some strange rules sometimes!).

Also, one last question, I promise.....is the premium coffee and tea Starbucks? I had read that somewhere but it does not actually say in the package descriptions.

Any help would be much appreciated. I still have a couple of days to decide and still be able to take advantage of the 10% discount.

Archived