Drinks packages on sale

cnarf77

These are not on sale. Is there any way that you can see the wine list (with prices) on a ship eg Celebrity?

LSimon kindly gave links to various Celebrity wine lists (MDR and speciality restaurants). You will find his post here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31858073&postcount=75

Hope this helps!

I am trying to figure out what to order as far as a drink package for my upcoming Eclipse cruise in February. Definitely want the alcoholic one but not sure whether I should get the premium or classic.

From what I can figure out, if I want to get alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies I would need to order the premium package which would also include wine, beer, bottled water, soft drinks, juices, coffee and teas. If I get the classic package it does not include the frozen drinks or smoothies and does not include premium bottled waters but does include regular ones.

If I get a drink package can I take the bottled water off the ship in port or does it have to be consumed on board (silly question but cruise lines have some strange rules sometimes!).

Also, one last question, I promise.....is the premium coffee and tea Starbucks? I had read that somewhere but it does not actually say in the package descriptions.

Any help would be much appreciated. I still have a couple of days to decide and still be able to take advantage of the 10% discount.

You can def take bottled water ashore. I purchased the premium on our last Solstice cruise last Feb and enjoyed it so much that I purchased it for the Eclipse in Feb of this year. The Molecular Bar alone makes it worth while at 12 bucks a martini. If you drink top shelf stuff (Patron Silver, Grey Goose, etc) the Premier is worth it. The difference per day between Classic and Premium isn't tremendous, and you can try all kinds of stuff you may not usually order i.e. Cognacs, Scotches, etc. If you don't like them, you're not out anything extra.

I am trying to figure out what to order as far as a drink package for my upcoming Eclipse cruise in February. Definitely want the alcoholic one but not sure whether I should get the premium or classic.

From what I can figure out, if I want to get alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies I would need to order the premium package which would also include wine, beer, bottled water, soft drinks, juices, coffee and teas. If I get the classic package it does not include the frozen drinks or smoothies and does not include premium bottled waters but does include regular ones.

If I get a drink package can I take the bottled water off the ship in port or does it have to be consumed on board (silly question but cruise lines have some strange rules sometimes!).

Also, one last question, I promise.....is the premium coffee and tea Starbucks? I had read that somewhere but it does not actually say in the package descriptions.

Any help would be much appreciated. I still have a couple of days to decide and still be able to take advantage of the 10% discount.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I have made my decision to get the premium beverage package.

Thank you to all who have contributed to this thread. We never knew that there was a drink package when we cruised in the past. Found out yesterday from CC and bought it for our Alaska cruise in July.

Same here....thanks to everyone for the information. I purchased the premium alcoholic package. Some of my fellow cruisers are a bit dubious but they will see their bills at the end of the cruise and I am sure they will be jealous! What makes it worthwhile is the bottled water and soda and coffee on top of all the alcoholic beverages.

Again thanks for the help.

i booked online from Australia and it added 15% at checkout then took the 15% off, so for 2 packages it was $766 for a 7 day cruise saving $101 which was 15% (first total was $867 or something) how has that happened? i thought it was 10% they are not going to charge us more later are they, im a bit confused...although booked and paid so.....

i booked online from Australia and it added 15% at checkout then took the 15% off, so for 2 packages it was $766 for a 7 day cruise saving $101 which was 15% (first total was $867 or something) how has that happened? i thought it was 10% they are not going to charge us more later are they, im a bit confused...although booked and paid so.....

Hi,

There is a bug in the booking system!! It appears that the service charge is going to be charged twice BUT on completion (where they ask for credit card details), the correct amount is shown. It confuses a lot of people!!!

Jim

At the eleventh hour I have booked the Premium Drinks Package for my November Solstice cruise.

It seems like a long time to wait till the bar opens, but the 10% saving combined with a very favourable NZD exchange rate made it too tempting to miss.

Cheers!

We live on the West Coast and were trying to book the premium drinks package last night. The link on the site was broken, so we called Celebrity instead and were on hold for over an hour...just long enough for the stroke of midnight to happen on the East coast, ending the 10% off promotion.

Way to go Celebrity. Starting off with a negative experience right out of the gate.

We live on the West Coast and were trying to book the premium drinks package last night. The link on the site was broken, so we called Celebrity instead and were on hold for over an hour...just long enough for the stroke of midnight to happen on the East coast, ending the 10% off promotion.

Way to go Celebrity. Starting off with a negative experience right out of the gate.

Did you stay on the line and talk to a rep. I would assume that if you were on hold, they would obviously be able to still give you the discount especially with the link on the site being broken. I would have stayed on the line until I got it or they got mad and hung up on me.

I can add that when I compared the price today for a premium packet with what I have payed (during the discount of 10 %) it turns out that I have been given a discount of 3,7 %....

Heads up - the price on the UK website today is the same as yesterday - just saying; I have not gone through to the end of the process as I bought a package at the 11th hour.

Annie

Archived