Library Hours?

FortyNinerLiz

While I've never had any reason to check the library on any of the M-class ships or the remaining C-class during the early morning hours I am reasonably sure that they are also open twenty-fours hours. They certainly will be open as soon as the ship is ready to board on embarkation day.

What kind of selection is available in the library? Is there a list of books or do you just browse the shelves?

Thanks!

S-Class have a decent sized library, but it is often pretty well picked over by the end of the first day (many people seem to grab a few books on boarding day and few return any of them until the end of the cruise). I did not notice a list of books, but just shelves to browse. The books are very loosely organized, but it does take a bit or hunting if you are looking for something particular. It is definitely best to go soon after boarding to maximize your chances of finding something appealing to you.

All of the Celebrity libraries I've seen have been organized by author's last name in fiction and non-fiction sections. You will find a number of the books are out of alphabetical order as people just replace a book in an empty space on the shelving. It may be more accurate to state that someone tried to organize the titles alphabetically by author's last name.

I primarily read non-fiction, and rarely find much of interest. Those who read romance novels may find the selection good.

The hubby and I use I-pads, and so have a number of I-books with us. For those who are serious readers, consider taking a Nook, Kindle or I-pad.

The Celebrity libraries are essentially on an honor system in terms of checking books out of them. There will be a notebook in which you are asked to write down which book you are checking out. On one ship I did see a sign to the effect that the library was monitored by video. But you have to wonder how many books develop "legs" and never return.

Archived