What not to miss on Liberty?

sampup333

My husband are returning to cruising for a 4-night on the Liberty next week. We have cruised on Explorer and Mariner in the past, but not since 2008. What should we be sure not to miss on the Liberty 4-night? Are there any "secrets" we might not know about? We are travelling without out toddler for the first time, so we are just two adults. If you have a suggestion for Cozumel, I'd appreciate that, too. Thanks for your input and great advice!

I would NOT MISS the Amazing Secret River excursion for Cozumel. It was really awesome. Only 6 of us went on it from the Liberty sailing on Jan 3....I swear no one at the Excursion Desk knows a thing about this one....and all six of us loved it. I am not a cave person....and was really nervous stepping outside of my comfort zone...but this was well worth it.

If you do any excursion that requires the ferry...take dramamine.

The Ice Show was good. We left during Saturday Night Live.

Thanks for the secret river excursion recommendation. Could you tell me how long the "free time" at playa del carmen was? Is that essentially a beach break after the cave exploration? Thanks!

Our tour guide, Paulina, took us a bit "off course" because we were such a small group. Because of that, our time there was a bit longer, we also took our time over lunch (it is so much more than a snack break!). With that being said, we had probably an hour to an hour and a half at the beach. It was chillier and overcast (like maybe 70 degrees?), so we kind of strolled around after trying the beach. The ferry is right by Señor Frogs, so you could hang out in there too.

Seriously...I think they tell you it's a "snack"...it's a nice little buffet lunch. One of the others in our group is an executive chef with Marriot from Puerto Rico, and he was raving over the tortilla soup (I knew it was awesome...he just "verified" it! LOL). You also get a sample of this great Mayan liquor (available to purchase).

If you are fans of the TV show The Amazing Race, consider the Amazing Race excursion; we just did it last week and had a blast. You don't have to be in it, to win it, to still have a great time. Our group, late 40's, early 50's, came in third with some of us wearing crocs! :eek::D We booked it through Royal Caribbean although I think you can book it independently too. Check out the threads on the Cozumel boards for more info and other ideas. Have an amazing cruise.

If you are fans of the TV show The Amazing Race, consider the Amazing Race excursion; we just did it last week and had a blast. You don't have to be in it, to win it, to still have a great time. Our group, late 40's, early 50's, came in third with some of us wearing crocs! :eek::D We booked it through Royal Caribbean although I think you can book it independently too. Check out the threads on the Cozumel boards for more info and other ideas. Have an amazing cruise.

How long is it? I may have to check that out

We were on the 1/3 sailing, and since we had kids and grandparents with us, we went to the beautiful Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Only $2/person, and you can lay on the beach on one of the many beach chairs, or enjoy their heated pool. We also stayed hydrated with their waitstaff that was continuously roaming the sand.

Also make sure that you see the shows. Up in the Air was amazing, Saturday Night Fever was very well done, but i think my favorite was the ice show. Simply stunning the stuff they did, and there was a Russian Circus act that was great too. I logged on prior to the cruise to reserve seats, just make sure to show up 20 minutes before the show to get in before the general public is unleashed.

Buy a cupcake! They are so good. Flavors change daily. Went to Paradise Beach also in Cozumel. Loved every minute. Got a massage on the beach for $20 for 20 minutes. She does a great job. The new pool is awesome but you can also just stay at the ocean too. Split a taxi ride with someone else going there and save half the cost. Go to the shows. They are great. Go to love and marriage show and quest. They never disappoint. Listen to the band when they play at the pool while sipping a pina colada. Watch sunset or sunrise from your balcony. Enjoy!

If you work out, the gym is great on Liberty. It's all windows looking out over the front of the ship and open water. It also has great steam rooms in the locker rooms.

and if you visit the gym look out those windows & also check out the penguins that like to hang out above the bridge :)

384656_10150442687141693_564756692_8783416_521703947_n.jpg

Go have a drink on Deck 14 at "Olive or Twist" (in the Viking Crown) at sunset, it's gorgeous. Or you can just sit there and people watch. It's the best view on the ship.

It is a great place to have a sunset drink.

Also, if you get a chance stop by the Champaigne Bar on the Promonade. Lucille, the bartender there, is one of the nicest bartenders we've met on a ship (or anywhere for that matter).:) She makes great martinis.

The Ice Show was good. We left during Saturday Night Live.

Why did you chose to leave during "Saturday Night Fever - the Musical"? Just our opinion, but when we saw this show on the Liberty in December, we found it to be one of the best shows we'd ever seen on a cruise ship - easily comparable to many professional stage shows.

and if you visit the gym look out those windows & also check out the penguins that like to hang out above the bridge :)

384656_10150442687141693_564756692_8783416_521703947_n.jpg

I have a crazy/silly story about those penguins. I was on an elliptical in the gym on Liberty last week, gazing out a the penguins and the ocean. I put my iPod Touch earbuds in my ears and was ready to work out to alll my cruise music. SOMEHOW at home I had deleted all my music EXCEPT LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW. Soooooo, I worked out to THAT song, while staring at Penguins and the gorgeous ocean. My poor brain was soooo confused <lol>.

We loved the Olive or Twist Lounge to watch the sunset with a beverage:) We enjoyed all 3 headliner shows. Ice Show was my fav, but others were good too!!! Loved playing shuffleboard on promenade deck or mini golf. Lounging on deck was a highlight. We were on her for 2 weeks Transatlantic and she never disappointed. We are doing 5 days on 1/30 and can't wait to see her again:)

Why did you chose to leave during "Saturday Night Fever - the Musical"? Just our opinion, but when we saw this show on the Liberty in December, we found it to be one of the best shows we'd ever seen on a cruise ship - easily comparable to many professional stage shows.

I agree and wondered the same thing. Its our favorite so far on cruise ships and we often do NYC Theather. I assumed some people just don't like live musicals. I thought it was well done and also got to enjoy a behind the scenes tour.

We loved the Olive or Twist Lounge to watch the sunset with a beverage:) We enjoyed all 3 headliner shows. Ice Show was my fav, but others were good too!!! Loved playing shuffleboard on promenade deck or mini golf. Lounging on deck was a highlight. We were on her for 2 weeks Transatlantic and she never disappointed. We are doing 5 days on 1/30 and can't wait to see her again:)

Suzy and I were going to play shuffleboard once we found where it was but never got back to it. We did do the climbing wall which was a blast. I agree, we can't wait to get a chance to sail her again. Beautiful ship. Also the best CC group ever.

Archived