Serenade must see/do???

sunnywa

We (four wacky women) leave on the 28th for an exciting adventure on the Serenade and we are wondering what some of you that have had the pleasure of vacationing on her before have discovered as some of the must see/do's during our week??? What are your favorite things about the Serenade??? How about the best palce for "sail-away"??? Thanks so much for any help....

sunnywa...we will be sailing with you on Serenade leaving San Juan on the 28th. We were also blessed to sail on her this time last year as well. My absolute most favorite thing about Serenade??? I can think of several actually...the outdoor eating area at the back of the Windjammer, loved it, tried to eat as many breakfasts/lunches out there as possible. The solarium...love, love, love the solarium. The elevators that look out to sea. But I have to say my most favorite thing about Serenade was our aft balcony and we'll be there again this year!!!! Hope to meet you on board!

LOVE the Seaview Cafe on the Serenade. Most people don't find it until about halfway through the cruise. Cooked-to-order burgers and sandwiches. Their grouper-Caesar salad is delicious! Head to the back of the Windjammer (to the outdoor area), take the stairs up to the next deck, and the Seaview is right there. You'll find that the hours vary.

I also love the Solarium. Just a nice place to relax. Also for the sake of relaxation, check out the spa specials during the week. You can sometimes get 3 treatments for about $99. Not bad at all.

For a treat, I would book a dinner in Portofino or Chops. There may be a pasta making demonstration, or a galley tour with a brunch in either of the restaurants on one of the sea days. Snag a spot at either of these for a great time.

For sailaway, it's always fun to be on the pool deck on the starboard side. You'll pass Old San Juan, and El Morro Fort, illuminated against the night sky. I haven't seen a better sailaway (yet) :D.

Happy sailing!

1. Sailaway - upper deck over fitness center (stairways on each side). Easy viewing every direction. Night sailaway form San Juan was very cool - especially passing the fortress lighthouse.

2. Look for the cows at the top of the sea facing elevators

3. If se is rough and ship rolling definitely go watch the freeky self leveling pool table

4. Outdoor Windjammer seating area - many never find this

5. If moonlit night go late to the Congo Bar area of Safari Club and look out rear facing windows. Churn from the azipods and the wake trailing behind in the moonlight is magical

6. Itineraries are typically very port intensive - find time for "downtime"

7. Promenade deck 5 is pleasant shaded place to be outside if hot and when in port can be relatively deserted. Also makes a great shortcut from dining room to theater bypassing the congestion in the shops area.

We sailed on the Serenade to Alaska in 2009. We echo most of what the others have already said. There is a great deal to like with the Radiance class ships. I will repeat the outside sitting area of the Windjammer. We have also sailed on the Liberty and we like the Serenade better in that area.

For sailaway , my favourite spot is on the heli deck. We went up Tracy arm Fiord on the Heli Deck, very special. A close second is as mentioned earlier, up in front of the gym above the bridge. Third would be behind the Seaview cafe.

Have a great trip. We take over when you get back to San Juan.

Cheers

As PP have said, eat outside behind Windjammer! We had brunch almost every morning out there. Also, we were a late dinner seating, and enjoyed a "snack" at Windjammer after returning from port.

Can't beat the Helipad, of course.

If you're an early riser, check out the fitness center view- you can work out while watching the ship pull into port. Very refreshing!

If you are in Schooner Bar, tell JJ hello from the Cranfords! He had our favorite bottle of wine and two glasses ready every night, for us to enjoy after port :)

Archived