build a Boat

sross6019

We did that one year (I think on Carnival) and what you do is get things from the ship-such as beer cans or anything that will float and make a boat out of it. I think the specs were it had to make it across the pool and it had to carry something. Some people made sail boats and others made like a cargo carrier. We made a rather large one out of beer cans and (can't really remember how) put them together and even put a six pack in the boat when done to go across the pool. It was a lot of fun. I think they give you a sheet of paper with the rules on it and some guidelines

We participated in a similar activity on our HAL Veendam cruise. My husband built an awesome viking ship...named it the "Don't-give-a-dam" to fit in with HAL's "-dam" theme with ship names :) Anyway, it was supposed to survive the rolling waves of the hot tub, which it did. The good news for us was hubby was the only participant, and we they gave us ALL the prizes...a load of photo frames, water bottles, luggage tags, t shirt, etc!

Archived