VA next to elevators?

Bob&Lisa

We are booked on the Zuiderdam on the Navigation deck next to the glass elevators. Has anyone ever stayed in these cabins? Good, bad, indifferent? I'll be sailing so it can't be all bad. What's the scoop?

As I recall, the verandah on the A cabins adjacent to the glass elevators are tiny, tiny, tiny, compared with other verandah cabins. I noticed this from the elevator and don't recall ever seeing anyone on the verandah.

That probably means the cabin also is smaller. Always check the deck plan. While the deck plans aren't exactly to scale, you can usually note some differences.

The elevators move fairly fast, so people going by won't see an awful lot, unless they keep riding up and down and keep their eyes glued to the verandahs the whole trip. Although, if you plan on any risque activity, it might be better to choose another location.

We enjoyed SS8073, Navigation Deck on ms Oosterdam. The stateroom was large as was the verandah. The only thing to remember is they hose down the tracts for the elevators when in port, so don't leave anything out that should not get wet! Most people have other points of interest than what is happening on your verandah.:D It would be possible I guess for someone to get a quick glance but it sure did not bother us. Enjoy! We loved it!

Archived