2 Carnival ships leaving from Miami at the same time?

sp29488

I just noticed that Carnival Valor and Carnival Liberty will be leaving Miami on the same day. We are booked on Liberty so I was wondering if someone knew how they worked this? Do they use the same building to check everyone in or do they use different ones and how do you know which one you are leaving from? Sorry if this doesn't make sense and thanks in advance for the help.

They will board through different buildings, security, etc. Often one ship will be point in and one will be pointed to sea....so that even though they both depart at the same time, one has to go into the basin and turn, thus allowing some spacing in between ships once leaving the port. We have, it seems more often than not, left with another ship from POM.

As for knowing where to go, just go to the building in front of the giant ship with the same name as the one on your Funpass :-)

On our last cruise out of Miami there were several Carnival, RCL and NCL ships. Before we departed on RCL Liberty, we were midship on the Lido deck, watching one of the Carnival ships turn around in the basin, and when we walked towards the front of the ship, the two NCL ships were already out the port, and turning left towards the Miami Beach/Bahamas/Bermuda.

This is a weekly thing, nothing unusual at all. They use different buildings, and stagger the times that they leave so there is no drag racing out the causeway. It is actually pretty neat, because as one ship leaves it will blow it's horn, and the others will blow theirs in return. Cool.

It will be helpful for you to know what pier number you are leaving from so you can tell your taxi driver. But there are lighted signs all along the causeway telling you which his is at what pier........it's quite a fun traffic jam to watch at sailaway.........

I just noticed that Carnival Valor and Carnival Liberty will be leaving Miami on the same day. We are booked on Liberty so I was wondering if someone knew how they worked this? Do they use the same building to check everyone in or do they use different ones and how do you know which one you are leaving from? Sorry if this doesn't make sense and thanks in advance for the help.

Separate buildings, security, staff...it is neat to see what is going on in a busy port.

This is a weekly thing, nothing unusual at all. They use different buildings, and stagger the times that they leave so there is no drag racing out the causeway. It is actually pretty neat, because as one ship leaves it will blow it's horn, and the others will blow theirs in return. Cool.

Yea, it was fun! We were on Liberty and Destiny and 2 other ships were in port and they all left ahead of us, each time they passed us we'd all wave and yell!!

Separate buildings, security, staff...it is neat to see what is going on in a busy port.

This fall we were in a shuttle from Embassy Suites with about 10 other passengers, they were dropping them off at two different CCL ships, an NCL ship, and an RCL ship all leaving within an hour of eachother.

They can fit plenty of ships in the Miami port!

cruiselines.jpg

Great picture! I'd hate to be at a Caribbean island with that many ships in Port, but it's fun to see them all parallel-parked at an embarkation port! Rumor has it that Disney will be putting a ship in Miami next year for a bit.

LOL! When we left on the Liberty in December, we were the ones pointed the "Wrong Way!" My husband was griping (in fun) why were we the only ones who didn't know how to park! I'll have to tell him why!

And yes, I LOVE the ships blowing their horns at each other. I love the sound of a ship's horn. I made it a point to be up on Serenity under the horn at sailaway. My ears rang for half an hour, but it was SO worth it.

Archived