Music on the "new" Sapphire

lovetocruisenow

I don't know about the musicians on the Sapphire. I am wondering what Princess is doing to get the ship from the drydock in Victoria down to Los Angeles for the Feb 4th sailing. Are they sending workers on the ship to continue working as the ship sails back to L.A. or is the ship empty going from Victoria back to L.A.?

Good music for me is danceable music. While I prefer latin, I like all kinds, as long as you

can dance to it.

Recently on the Golden we had a group called "Mosaic". Excellent band. The Sapphire used to have "Phoenix Rising" another very good band.

Princess spends good money for music and generally gets good value.

Greg

Occasionally ships will "dead head" between ports when the travel time is short - since Sapphire is coming out of dry dock, I'm sure the crew will be working all the way to LA.

I don't know about the musicians on the Sapphire. I am wondering what Princess is doing to get the ship from the drydock in Victoria down to Los Angeles for the Feb 4th sailing. Are they sending workers on the ship to continue working as the ship sails back to L.A. or is the ship empty going from Victoria back to L.A.?

Occasionally ships will "dead head" between ports when the travel time is short - since Sapphire is coming out of dry dock, I'm sure the crew will be working all the way to LA.

I would also not be surprised if they continue to work on the ship, on it's way to Hawaii. I will be one of the lucky ones to be on for that first sailing :D.

Good music to me constitutes danceable ballroom music, but it's different for different people. I was curious what the OP meant. David

Well, I'm sure that the bands that were onboard pre-drydock have gone home. Whether they'll be back is anyone's guess. Of the two bands that were onboard for New Year's... one was wonderful and latin-tinged, and the other was atrocious. Just awful.

We had the same problem on the Golden. The band in the Wheelhouse was great but the so called "showband" in the Explorers Lounge was terrible.

Such is cruising life.

We have some friends on the Sapphire Feb 4. They do not dance but they will give me an accurate report on the music.

We are doing two repo cruises from SFO to Vancouver ocn the Star and Golden. I am not expecting much from the music.

Greg

Sorry for continuing the hijack of this thread, but the workers were on board and hard at work from the time she left San Pedro. Photos from the Princess Cruises' photostream show demolition work on January 8 and 9 but she didn't arrive in drydock until January 10. They will still be hard at work until she returns to San Pedro and perhaps, but hopefully not, on her first cruise. Other workers installed the new Sports Court on top of Skywalkers and the new Sanctuary in a four week period during cruises before the drydock. We were on board to see the first week of the work installing the Sports Court.

Archived