Transfer from airport to ship?

Hi, new cruiser here. My question is we land at Mallorca at 09.40 but our ship doesn't leave port until 23.00. Do we put our cases on a coach bound for the ship then have a look around Palma or do we go with the cases and stay at the ship until we sail? Many thanks.

I've asked Thomson by email 2 days ago and not had a reply.

Spirit of the Med Cruise

Ship - Island Escape

03-04-2012

Hi, new cruiser here. My question is we land at Mallorca at 09.40 but our ship doesn't leave port until 23.00. Do we put our cases on a coach bound for the ship then have a look around Palma or do we go with the cases and stay at the ship until we sail? Many thanks.

I've asked Thomson by email 2 days ago and not had a reply.

Spirit of the Med Cruise

Ship - Island Escape

03-04-2012

Hello and welcome to the forum :) Whilst I've never sailed on the IE I feel sure the arrangements will be similar to those on other Thomson ships.

After baggage reclaim you are directed by Thomson cruise reps at the airport to the waiting coaches where you make sure your cases are put in the boot then all your party get on the coach to be transfered to the port which only takes about 15 minutes - you see the Cathedral on your right as you travel by and you may also spot the Dream at the far end of the bay.

A Rep will come onto the coach and give you instructions but basically you will be given an envelope with stickers with your cabin number printed on them plus your ship's card. You then identify your cases dockside and stick the cabin number on them - they will then be taken to your cabin for you (it may take an hour or two).

Then you and your party must get registered and your ship's card validated by the registration team before you can board (you have to show this every time you get on/off the ship). Once registered you can get on board, find your cabin, get something to eat - whatever and you are also free to get off the ship again and look round Palma. The port is close enough to Palma to walk - perhaps takes half an hour or there is a bus (Linea 1) which stops at the port gates and this will take you into the centre for I think it was 1.35E.

If you land at 9.40, given that Palma Airport is big and has a lot of holiday traffic passing through and baggage reclaim can be slow, it may take a while to get through the airport system. But even if this takes an hour, then your coach transfer, then registration at the port (which can be quick or a bit slow if a few plane loads of passengers have arrived at a similar time) realistically you might reasonably expect to be on board by 11.30 and could be earlier. Since you have a late sail-away you will have plenty of time to go into Palma and look round.

Hi, If you want some retail therapy once you have settled in,there is a shopping mall,Carrfour I think its called about 10/15 mins walk from the port,when you leave the port gates almost opposite there is a small hill,walk up to near the top and there and on the left is the shopping mall,its on 2 levels,a fair selection of shops and cafes in there.

Archived