To the people that rented a car in Progresso

charyoung

I am trying to book online. One compay charges tax and extra for the collision damage waiver(CDW) and loss damage waiver(LDW). The other company includes the CDW and charges 11.00 for the LDW, but doesn't let me add it to the reservation. I only have to put 10 percent down and then it shows the balance without tax or LDW. Now my questions- Did you purchase the CDW and LDW or either? Did you get charged tax? Were there extra add ons when you went to pick up the car? Please help! Thanks!

Keep in mind, unless booking with your Amx card, your US auto insurer doesn't cover you in Mexico. Only US and Canada. I'm not absolulet sure about the Amx but my insruance agent thought that Amx covers you.

Check before you go.

Protect yourself. You dont want to be involved in an accident ivestigation as your ship sails. It seems to be such a small amount of money, I would just go ahead and get it. Traffic in Merida can be conjested. Outside of the city not conjested at all. You can add auto rental insurance to your

Travel Guard travel insurance package. Very reasonable.

Archived