Palms Court Gardens in the morning/Romney Manor in the afternoon?

ddy123

Thinking about going to Palms Court Gardens in the morning, swim in the pool, have an early lunch and then head to Romney Manor in the afternoon. How far is Romney Manor from the port? Was planning on just using taxis. Is this a doable plan? Any idea of the round trip taxi fare for 4 people?

Also, anyone know if Palms Court Gardens has beach access?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from cruise with stop at St Kitts. We spent a whole lazy day at Palm Court Gardens. The taxi ride from the cruise dock cost $5 per person. The entrance fee is $10 per person for however long you want to stay. The infinity pool and hot tub overlook the harbor, there is no beach. There are lounges, umbrellas and cushioned beach beds.The staff are very unintrusive and much of the time they are out of sight but you ring the bell and they appear immediately. There is a little pool side bar and a restaurant with both indood and outdoor dining. Make sure you walk around the garden it is not very big but very beautiful. We stayed all day, the other guests came and went, there may have been a total of 10 people at any one time. I highly recommend it.

• 4 months later...

I am thinking of doing the palm court garden as well. It looks amazing. Did you walk there or take a taxi. How much was the taxi?

Was thinking of going there for a bit then onto cockleshell beach

Welcome tours will take us to Palm court gardens and Cockleshell beach for 116.00 total. Seems a bit steep but I don't know how far cockleshell is from PCG. They of course would do pick up and delivery back to our ship. I am not being cheap but I think 116.00 may be a lot.

Cockleshell Beach is at the far end of the SE Penisula and about a 25-30 min drive from the pier. The cost that you mention seems high. It should only be about $30-40 each way for up to 4 people sharing a ride. It is about a 10-15 min walk from the pier to Palm Court Gardens.

Taxi fare within Basseterre US$8 (Port to Palm Court)

Basseterre to Cockleshell US$28

One way, 4 persons at this price.

Taxi official fare chart at

There are a lot of places of interest, photo opportunities on the ride down to Cockleshell, why not negotiate a price, leave room for a little extra for the driver and enjoy a "mini tour" on the way.

Archived