Anybody by art at the auctions?

jthel

Have gotten my art from the ship. One of the seriographs is not the correct one. I'm missing two but did find that it will be delayed. Can't seem to access Park West Galleries on the internet. Hoping that their site is just down for a bit and not permanently. Any information would be appreciated.

All art we purchased was delivered on time with no errors...

I am assuming you could call the number on your receipts and ask what is going on...

Cliff

Carnival Holiday November 2001

Norwegian Sky 11/4/2002

Norwegian Sky 11/11/2002

Norwegian Wind 10/11/2003

Norwegian Dawn 12/14/2003

Norwegian Sun 02/08/2004

I'm thinking now that I'm home, as long as I was in the 'holiday spirit' on the cruise, I should have had the art framed and shipped. Now I've got to do it and I'm not in that 'spendy' mood anymore. I'll call the number today.

jthel

WE have only pruchased a couple of pieces, but our daughter and son in law have literally $1000.00 and $1000.00 worth and not once has there been a problem.

NMNIta

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

I suppose it depends how you intend to sell it...

We have seen people sell certain pieces on EBay and it appears that the prices that are collected are in fact quite a bit higher than what people paid on the ship, but that depends on the piece and how many are floating around. A lower numbered edition will command more obviously.

In fact, alot of the "free" seriolithographs that you get for purchasing over $100 of art tend to sell pretty good I notice.

Basically, you get to save because of the larger buying power of Park West Galleries, and the fact that you don't have to pay for sales tax.

For example, the two Kincade prints we bought are much more expensive in the Kincade gallery (online) or even at QVC.

All of our purchases we intend to keep, but we are confident that we paid less than the same art would have cost on land. That being said, however, I take their so-called appraisals (Park West) as being a little inflated.

Cliff

Carnival Holiday November 2001

Norwegian Sky 11/4/2002

Norwegian Sky 11/11/2002

Norwegian Wind 10/11/2003

Norwegian Dawn 12/14/2003

Norwegian Sun 02/08/2004

I got a little 'number card happy' on the cruise..... and am wondering if I want to keep some of the art I purchased. I may try to sell it on e-bay just for kicks.... we came away with four of the promotional prints... I'm going to have one of them framed. Am anxious to get the rest of my shipment and hope that we can rectify the 'wrong' piece of artwork that we received.

Archived