Nativeway okay?

stillfrantic

I did their Stingray and Island tour on April 18th, and it was great! The ship's stingray tours were cancelled, but 7 of us got to enjoy the stingrays with NativeWay! There was some question about ship's time vs local time - Splendour of the Seas did not change to local time in Grand Cayman.

Thinking of doing Nativeways' combination Stingway and Island tour.

Did you get some beach time also?

We are going in January and think this will be good. Glad to know you really had a great time.

Judy

There was no beach time on the Stingray and Island tour. Our tour was from ~11:00-3:30 - ship's time, so there was really no time for the beach afterwards. (We had to be back to the pier by 4:30.) If your ship stays later, maybe you could ask to be dropped off at the beach on the way back.

Guess I should decide if I really want to do this or just stay at a beach resort.

Thanks for the report. Unless I don't do the island tour and do the snorkel and stingway tour.

Decisions, decisions.....

Thanks for the info.

Judy:)

new2cruise1 -

Nativeway offers a tour called Rays, Reef and Rum Point. You get to swim with the stingrays, snorkle and spend some time at the beach at Rum Point with a nice lunch.

We have this booked for our trip in September. The time was different that what was listed on their web site. So if you are looking for something with some beach time this might be worth checking into.

I emailed Sharon with my questions about the times and she got right back to me.

Just booked our tour with Native Way. I requested a morning tour and leave the pier at 8:30 central (9:30 ships time) and get back at 11:15/12:15. We're talking about the same tour Coral Gardens and Stingray Sandbar. Just ask Sharon to book you on the morning tour.:)

new2cruise1 -

Nativeway offers a tour called Rays, Reef and Rum Point. You get to swim with the stingrays, snorkle and spend some time at the beach at Rum Point with a nice lunch.

I just did this tour last Wed, It was great!

Stingray City was first. Was very nice to be on a smaller boat with not a ton of people! The guides were great and everyone got some personal attention. Then we boated over to the Reef and got to snorkel. Again, the guides were very good. Boat took us over to Rum Point. While heading over we each had a chance to look at the menu and they placed the order in advance so that when we arrived our lunches were brought out to a table and we could eat right away which also gave us maximun time to hang on the beach. It was very beautiful and not crowded. Boat ride back was lovely. Got to see some amazing homes. We got back to the dock and they bussed us back.

I HIGHLY reccomend NativeWay. We had originally booked the Rays and Reef without the Rum Point portion. We had a bit of a problem getting off the ship and missed that and they were very accomodating with getting us on this other tour. I am glad we wound up doing this! The guides were wonderful and everyone that I encountered with NativeWay were very friendly and helpful.

We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour with Native Way two weeks ago and loved it. It was great having a small group to see the rays and snorkle on the reef. At Rum Point we ate at picnic tables on the beach and the food was delicious. The area has a shop, a bar and clean restrooms and a large area to walk around and explore. This was one of our favorite excursions and we would do it again. Well worth the money!

We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour with Native Way two weeks ago and loved it. It was great having a small group to see the rays and snorkle on the reef. At Rum Point we ate at picnic tables on the beach and the food was delicious. The area has a shop, a bar and clean restrooms and a large area to walk around and explore. This was one of our favorite excursions and we would do it again. Well worth the money!

Hi there Doug and Sue!

Were you guys in GC on Wed the 20th by any chance??? From your photo here (although it is small and hard to tell) you guys look familiar and I thought that perhaps we were on the same tour. I KNOW that I was chatting with people from a Celebrity Ship and I thought it was the Summit...Could that have been you??? :)

Hi Lisa,

Yes, we were there on Wed. the 20th. You must have good vision to recognize us from that picture! Were you on Carnival or RCCL? We are sorry the trip is over but we have great memories.

Sue

Hi Sue -

We were on Carnival...My DD and I were the ones they held the boat for :eek: Your pic just caught my eye and I saw that you were on Celebrity in your sig. and we had chatted on the excursion and either you or the other couple you were with took a photo of DD and myself for us. Thanks!

I am also sorry that the trip is over....have wonderful memories and photos that we keep looking at! I am planning and looking into a family cruise for next year and a solo cruise for myself this year.

It was nice meeting you on the excursion and fun to find you on the CC Boards here!

Archived