Online TA, in-person TA, or directly with RCCL?

Mama24

I'm starting to research itineraries and prices for our next cruise, and I'm wondering the best way to book an HC cabin.

Some of the online TA sites offer incentives like paid gratuities and paid travel insurance, and I'm tempted, but which do you think is the safest most efficient way to book an HC cabin?

I'm starting to research itineraries and prices for our next cruise, and I'm wondering the best way to book an HC cabin.

Some of the online TA sites offer incentives like paid gratuities and paid travel insurance, and I'm tempted, but which do you think is the safest most efficient way to book an HC cabin?

I have used cruise line and online TA.

Not sure of best, but I have email address & phone number of a TA agent who knows who I am and what I need. On some cruises there are incentives but some do not.

RC made a policy change several months ago that if you book a cruise directly with RC, you have to turn if over to a travel agent within 60 days of making the booking. If you wait longer than that, they will not transfer the booking.

Q: Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Royal Caribbean?

A: Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent, please complete this form and return to us via fax.

I would book with a travel agent, not an online travel agency. I would look for one who specializes in and is certified in special needs travel. Many travel agents can meet or beat the prices offered by the online agencies and the personal attention is priceless. Our agent makes sure that all of the special arrangements are taken care of and she double checks with us close to sailing to make sure nothing has changed. She also follows up when we get home to make sure the cruiseline did what they were supposed to do. I haven't heard of any online agency that does that.

I would have to agree with luv2sweat. I have a TA I call, she knows our preferences does all she can to get us accomodated. The insurance she carries is cheaper than the cruise lines. Plus we get incentives from time to time. BTW, we have to have accessible room as my husband takes his power chair. I can give u more info if u message me.

Archived