Caribbean Princess Entertainment

MERLOTCHAMPAGNE

We were on the Christmas cruise (Dec 18th-26th) and remember just a few of the movies on MUTS - Cowboys and Aliens was the main one, Bridesmaids, Arthur (new version), NFL Games along with a few Christmas movies (Elf, What a Wonderful Life).

They had a band that played by the pool and then in the Explorers Lounge on most nights. There was a good French Canadian trio that played jazz in the bar next store (forgot the name). Piano player in the other bar area (above the Piazza) was very good and played a lot of Beatles and James Taylor. Also had good entertainers in the Piazza - Ballroom Dancers, Juggler and a good Puerto Rican music performer.

The highlight for me was the Deputy Cruise Director, Dan (Cruise Director was also named Dan). He put on some really cute shows in the Explorers Lounge and then the morning shows.

Do you remember Dan's last name? (The Deputy Director that is.)

He was a lowly member of the Ruby Princess staff in 2009 and was the best member of that department. The reason I am asking for his last name is that I wanted to find out if he will be on the Transatlantic this year. (I will be.) I was hoping to contact him prior to sailing.

He is an incredible asset to Princess.

I know the Cruise Director was Dan Styne but don't know Deputy Dan's last name. I did a search on the internet and came up with nothing. My husband's cousin is a performer on the ship (the Ballroom Dancers), so I emailed him to ask and should get an answer shortly!

We were on the Christmas cruise (Dec 18th-26th) and remember just a few of the movies on MUTS - Cowboys and Aliens was the main one, Bridesmaids, Arthur (new version), NFL Games along with a few Christmas movies (Elf, What a Wonderful Life).

They had a band that played by the pool and then in the Explorers Lounge on most nights. There was a good French Canadian trio that played jazz in the bar next store (forgot the name). Piano player in the other bar area (above the Piazza) was very good and played a lot of Beatles and James Taylor. Also had good entertainers in the Piazza - Ballroom Dancers, Juggler and a good Puerto Rican music performer.

The highlight for me was the Deputy Cruise Director, Dan (Cruise Director was also named Dan). He put on some really cute shows in the Explorers Lounge and then the morning shows.

On that same cruise - the band in the Wheelhouse bar did play jazz - even when they should have been playing dance music. The show band also played a ballroom dance set one night in Explorer's Lounge. The Puerto Rican entertainer was Juan Carlos - don't miss him, he was extraordinary,

Our cruise had way, way too much football on MUTS, but that was probably just the season. It was all pro football, too.

Thanks for the updates.... by the time we sail, football season will be over :( so I wonder what they'll be showing in replacement. We saw Arthur while on Golden in October so hopefully they'll update their moviews by the time we board. Piano player sounds great - any idea of his name? Jazz by a French Canadian trio sounds interesting. Do you have to remember any of the shows that were being done in Princess Theater?

Any word on the CD for late Feb/early March ... rumor has it Dan Style was leaving mid Feb as he was getting married?

Archived