More bad news for Cruise Lines

ToadOfToadHall

I wonder if reflagging the ships in Bermuda changes the way they do background checks?? And many staff on the cruise ships are from all over the world. Would a background check find out enough information. And would reflagging the ships make them still British Ships? Just food for thought. I really hope nothing awful happened to any child.

Unfortunately CRB checks, as such, are only available for British nationals. Maybe the agencies of other countries could be used to check the records of their nationals, that is providing all other countries have such agencies.

• 3 weeks later...
Radio solent have just confirmed a man called Paul Trotter has now been charged.

I am very upset to hear this as i know Paul and was on the Cruise where the alleged offence took place. :(

When i boarded the QE at Christmas i asked of Paul`s where abouts and was told he had retired.

We got on well and i so want this to be wrong.

• 2 months later...

Ray, thank you for the update. I read various news reports subsequently, each more detailed and sickening than the last. I am at a loss on how to express my sorrow to those children and families affected. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

If we accept that "We are Cunard", then we have failed to protect innocents, and we must not sweep this under the waterline. I have many questions about how such things could happen on three different ship over a period of years with only one perpetrator involved.

I am unclear as to whether or not there will be a trial since the perpetrator confessed.

Sorrowfully,

Salacia

Archived