Bring wine or other liquor onboard?

chrissybells

Hi! I'm booking my 7-day Western Cruise on the Mariner of the Seas in the morning with our travel agent (leave out on Jul 17).:D This will be our first cruise & we're going to celebrate our anniversary. This is a special treat for hubby b/c he's never even FLOWN!:eek: (We have to fly to Port Canaveral.)

We selected an all inclusive deal where everything is included except for alcoholic beverages. We're not big drinkers, but I'd like to carry a bottle of wine or champagne on with us to celebrate. Is this allowed?:confused: Hubby even wondered if it's allowed to bring on a small bottle of liquor?:o Please let me know. I don't want to break any rules! Thanks!!

;) chrissy

You can usually get away with bringing on a couple bottles of wine or champagne but technically RCI's policies say "NO liquor" including wine. Check out this long thread on the RCCL board for lots of information on this issue. You might want to put your bottles in your carryon and just don't say anything about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=51547

Have a great next cruise.

You aren't supposed to, but we did. We brought whiskey on our 25th anniversary cruise. Our first cruise. People on these message boards told us it was ok and it was. You just have to hide what you bring and make sure it's in plastic. That kind of leaves out wine or champagne. We opted for whiskey in a plastic bottle. The room attendants didn't rat us out and we still bought some liquor on board. We aren't big drinkers, but we were on that cruise. We put it in our Packed luggage, Not our carry on. If you do bring glass, wrap something around it. Put it in a plastic bag??? then wrap in pants, beach cover-up or something else. Just remember that glass has to travel through both airport luggage and port to ship handling. Why not take whiskey and pouches of the dry whiskey sour mix? That's how we celebrated. Oh, and let your cruise line know you are celebrating an anniversary. We did this with Celebrity Zenith and were treated to an anniversary/honeymoon celebration with cake and all the other couples celebrating. They even gave us a glass of champagne. No extra charge for anything and the oldest married couple there got a special gift (which I can't remember).

Archived