Lamani question

CruiseHappy14

We did this tour with Island Marketing & there was a potty call before you got onto the boat for Lamani & no more until you arrived there, which should do most anyone.

Same deal returning.

We're booked with Island Marketing for an upcoming cruise on Princess. Any trouble with timing at all? Ship is scheduled to depart at 5:00 pm. About what time would you estimate they would have us back to the tender?

we did the tour with ncl...the bus has restroom, we had a restroom break when we switched from bus to boat and then the ones at lamanai. not remember, these are flush toilets...but otherwise they are very country. the walls, at lamanai, only go up to 8 ft, then open to roof. we had a man come in, spraying for bugs. hot water is not available, but they do have water/faucets. i was impressed it was not a outhouse!

• 2 months later...

they were using grey lines...the bus and bus driver had that logo. had big bus, but only 30 ppl. our tour guide was excellent, the bus rode well but was in awful shape..holes in the seats, but everything worked, including the air conditioner.

446660833_Ourbusdriver.jpg.77aeb499bf30fe011b214d83ca9ff398.jpg

Just did this excursion a few days ago with Island Marketing. No complains what so ever.....well about the excurions.... the incredibly heat on the other hand ....wow lol. Its a LONGGGG day, but its worth it, very nice experience all in all, would do it again tomorrow. The tour guides are very well aware of departure times and keeps everyone schedule. Great guides, very intense and informative tour.

Just did this excursion a few days ago with Island Marketing. No complains what so ever.....well about the excurions.... the incredibly heat on the other hand ....wow lol. Its a LONGGGG day, but its worth it, very nice experience all in all, would do it again tomorrow. The tour guides are very well aware of departure times and keeps everyone schedule. Great guides, very intense and informative tour.

Thank you for commenting on Island Marketing and Lamanai tour. I really want to do this excursions on our cruise next month, and everyone was so negative aoubt booking this on your own and about time constrictions. Carnival doesn't offer this excursions, so we were leaning toward Island Marketing but now I for sure am going to book this excursion. You mention about the heat....It will surely be even hotter the end of May, just curious do they have bottled water available during the tour? Thanks again, we are excited to go to Lamanai.

Thank you for commenting on Island Marketing and Lamanai tour. I really want to do this excursions on our cruise next month, and everyone was so negative aoubt booking this on your own and about time constrictions. Carnival doesn't offer this excursions, so we were leaning toward Island Marketing but now I for sure am going to book this excursion. You mention about the heat....It will surely be even hotter the end of May, just curious do they have bottled water available during the tour? Thanks again, we are excited to go to Lamanai.

They do have water and juice during the tour. It'll be about a 1hr bus drive from the port, then about 1hr boat ride to the site, then lunch, then the tour where you'll probably be allowed to climb one ruin (cos of time constraints), then back to the boat, bus, port.

As I said tho, its a longgg day and they will be pushing you because of the time constraints, not much loitering time at all. Hopefully you'll see some howler monkeys as we did as well :).

If you enjoy that sorta stuff you'll love this tour, again however, just remember its a longgg day and its gonna be really hot and humid so be prepared.

Come back and tell us how it went. I am hoping to do this on our 7/22 Legend sailing. (Talk about heat!) Problem now is that Island Marketing refused to confirm (haven't selected guide, etc.) Asked me to contact them closer to arrival date. Might be because slow season for them-we'll be the only ship in port. (Same for GC and Roatan. Only 1 other ship in Cozumel-Triumph.)

Come back and tell us how it went. I am hoping to do this on our 7/22 Legend sailing. (Talk about heat!) Problem now is that Island Marketing refused to confirm (haven't selected guide, etc.) Asked me to contact them closer to arrival date. Might be because slow season for them-we'll be the only ship in port. (Same for GC and Roatan. Only 1 other ship in Cozumel-Triumph.)

This might also be a good thing tho. No need to wait on other passengers from other ships for you to leave to get there as well as the port wont be as crowded.

Archived