Military Rate ?

hermitstyle

I served in the military from '02 to '04, but was honorably discharged for an old injury flaring up. I was 28 days from being able to serve for the two years Carnival requires, but I did serve during the Iraq War/Operation Iraqi Freedom/Second Gulf War and Carnival states that military discounts are available for veterans with at least 2 years of service OR service during a wartime. Would Carnival consider serving during this time adequate to qualify for the military discount? TIA

Also - I will call tomorrow for clarification, but just wondering if anyone here at CC as any info

As you note it says or a war time period and honorably discharged. The way I read that us if you have a dd214 that shows you rate a national defense medal and that your discharge status is honorable then you should be good to go. Afaik war time periods have always been defined by periods that medal was awarded whether you were in theater or not.

Semper Fi,

Chris

As you note it says or a war time period and honorably discharged. The way I read that us if you have a dd214 that shows you rate a national defense medal and that your discharge status is honorable then you should be good to go. Afaik war time periods have always been defined by periods that medal was awarded whether you were in theater or not.

Semper Fi,

Chris

Thanks, that's what I thought, but I wasn't positive. Good thing the YN who prepared my DD214 at least put that medal in. They left off a couple other medals that I earned that I need to send in to get changed...

You need to fax or email your dd214 but make sure you follow up with them as they have lost mine just last month when I faxed it in:mad:

Sounds like they are as good about keeping hold of things as the government is!

And if Carnival doesn't honor your service- both of you- let us here on CC know and we shall storm their gates!

And if Carnival doesn't honor your service- both of you- let us here on CC know and we shall storm their gates!

Dont worry about DOC He doesnt storm the gates he makes sure everyone that does makes it home:o

Were only autherised to carry a pea shooter or a slingshot But I can lose a shot card with the best of them:D

Oh, this is gonna sound like fun. Hurry up and wait, eh? I'll let everyone know what my outcome is

As my mustang 06 grand father always said 'Is there any other way besides hurry up and wait'?:D

Patience young man;)

Amen to that. Anyone that will sign up to serve our country deserves the benefits that come with it. An honorable discharge is just that - honorable.

Use a PVP and email it to them. My PVP keeps mine on file and I have never had a problem.
'

That used to be true

They dont do that anymore since the change over with computers or software or whatever excuse

They will now only let you book a cruise within a year of previous cruise with out sending in a copy of your dd214

Archived