"Private Touring" Excursion from NCL

KJE Atlanta

Happy Monday (is there really such a thing?),

Has anybody done one of the private touring excursions offered through/from NCL? It sounds like NCL (via a third party, I assume) provides a car or van and a guide and then you pick where to go and when. There is one port of call (Lanzarote) coming up where this may be an option for our group. The price is not as outrageous as one would think (versus the price of individual shore excursions x 7 or even third party tour operators I've contacted). I'm curious in hearing people's experiences/opinions with these private tours (not necessarily limited to Lanzarote). Also - does NCL contact us ahead of time to determine/recommend an itinerary of places to go for the day or does that just happen when we meet the driver upon getting in the car?

We're debating doing this versus renting cars, other excursions, or going with a third party tour company (but their quote was only about $100 cheaper than the private touring through NCL and NCL is for more hours). All pros or cons welcome.

Thanks. ;)

My wife and I just came back from Rome and Naples. We used a Company called Viator. They were great! We had a party of 6 (all family). We had a English speaking guide, they went to where we wanted to go, spent the time we wanted to spend. It couldn't of been better. The price was actually a little less expensive than NCL too.

That's pretty amazing that NCL's private tour is only $100 higher than outside operators! We generally use outside operators because the price differential is huge (in Egypt, NCL's price was $1200 more for four of us), but for that small difference, I would likely go with NCL for the peace of mind.

Have never done Lanzarote, but I would imagine it's similar to most other ports - ie: a private tour is set up by you, at your convenience, following your schedule. I would call NCL's Excursion Desk to get as many details as possible.

Robin

That's pretty amazing that NCL's private tour is only $100 higher than outside operators! We generally use outside operators because the price differential is huge (in Egypt, NCL's price was $1200 more for four of us), but for that small difference, I would likely go with NCL for the peace of mind.

Have never done Lanzarote, but I would imagine it's similar to most other ports - ie: a private tour is set up by you, at your convenience, following your schedule. I would call NCL's Excursion Desk to get as many details as possible.

Robin

I was surprised by the comparable price as well. What may be helping us is that there are 7 of us and the NCL private tour is one price for a van for up to 7 people - so we're maxing that out perfectly. I will call NCL's excursion desk and see what they can tell me. Thanks!

Follow up: I called NCL's shore excursions number. The rep said that I would receive an email questionnaire ahead of time to fill out and send back as well as have information in my cabin to review with the shore excursion desk on board before the private tour began. I've booked it and will report back after the cruise to let everyone know how it went. :)

Archived