Weird question

egamigal

Originally I was supposed to have 3 people in my room, but my friend has recently found out that she is pregnant and due soon. ( a long story I don't want to get into). This means that there is a probability that she may have to pull out of the cruise this September. Now regardless my fiancee and I are going to go on the cruise. Does anyone know what the policy is if someone in your party cancels this far out, and what happens as far as the rate?

You can keep the same room or move to one just meant for 2. Unless you were splitting the rate equally 3 ways you wont pay anything more. The rate for the 1st & 2nd passenger stay the same. She would need to cancel before final payment is due or lose her deposit. Thats about it.

Not that she may want to, with her situation and new developments, but she theoretically can sail until the baby is viable ie 24 weeks, and after she delivers if the baby is 6mo old. If she is due soon, like March, the baby may be old enough to join her, but at that point we're talking a separate room for your sake =)

Royal usually does not discount much for the 3rd/4th person, and she is well ahead of the 3-month final payment, so she should easily be able to simply cancel and get a full refund, while you keep the room and not notice a large price difference to your revised rate

Archived