I'm a little confused on what "formal dress" on Carnival means . . .

ladycaveat

I remember more the people that I enjoyed meeting and talking too,just because of their personality and not because of how they were dressed.

Laura

laura... you make a good point in that i think MOST of us here would agree that we care more about the person than the clothes they wear.

however, with that said, many of us enjoy dressing in fine clothes for a nice evening and enjoy seeing others around us dressed the same way. so please folks, carnival is very clear about what attire they prefer in the dinning room on formal night. lets all dress up and have a ball!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

laura... you make a good point in that i think MOST of us here would agree that we care more about the person than the clothes they wear.

however, with that said, many of us enjoy dressing in fine clothes for a nice evening and enjoy seeing others around us dressed the same way. so please folks, carnival is very clear about what attire they prefer in the dinning room on formal night. lets all dress up and have a ball!

I agree with you Walt and I'd only add that out of respect I would always honor my Host's wishes and Carnival does host the evenings in the Dining Room. I look forward to the gourmet meals and the wonderful conversation dressed to the "nines."

Would Magic Powder somehow cause me to be underdressed though? ;)

I agree with you Walt and I'd only add that out of respect I would always honor my Host's wishes and Carnival does host the evenings in the Dining Room. I look forward to the gourmet meals and the wonderful conversation dressed to the "nines."

Aren't men considered better dressed when cleanly shaven?;)

oh no babe... you'd be just right... mmm, mmm... :cool:

Good Morning friends!! :D

I think everyone should at least make an effort to look nice...From what I read here, on occasion it seems that some people dress down, just to buck the system...I wonder if these people try to see how far they can go bending the rules in other aspects of life as well.

I really don't notice what people wear in the dining room, I'm usually too busy having a good time. I think the attitude..the "I paid for it!" attitude, bothers me more than the down-dressing itself. So, if I sat at a table with people with this attitude, I most likely wouldn't enjoy their company....and I'm sure they wouldn't enjoy mine either.

PS...I love Magic Powder...NO FREAKIN BUMPS!!!! :D

GC..I love you girlfriend!!

People!

You have a role to play on my cruise. You are my BACKDROP!

Dress accordingly. It's my cruise, and I paid for it.

So you beleive the theory that only you are real and everyone else are bit players in your universe.

PS...I love Magic Powder...NO FREAKIN BUMPS!!!! :D

GC..I love you girlfriend!!

LOL, I have been avoiding this thread!!! LOL! I remember what happened last time :p Glad you liked it! I'm telling ya, the stuff ROCKS!!!!!!!

LOL, I have been avoiding this thread!!! LOL! I remember what happened last time :p Glad you liked it! I'm telling ya, the stuff ROCKS!!!!!!!

Yeah...being a nectarine as opposed to a peach no longer is painful.

I thank you from the bottom of my bottom!! :D

Since it's so cheap, I think all who know about it should bring a case of it on every cruise and present a can to each and every 'sweater-man' who sits at the pool looking like the missing link! ;)

Since it's so cheap, I think all who know about it should bring a case of it on every cruise and present a can to each and every 'sweater-man' who sits at the pool looking like the missing link! ;)

I resemble that remark:o (but I do wear a shirt at all times so no one has to see my "sweater"

I resemble that remark:o (but I do wear a shirt at all times so no one has to see my "sweater"

That can be easily remedied phlydude...if you happen to have one of those nice trimmers, the kind you would get a buzz cut with..just have your wife 'clean up your back a bit at the beginning of each summer. You aren't shaving the hair, so no itchiness...just trimming it down real short. It looks much better and you can feel free to take your shirt off. :D not to mention, you'll be cooler without the bulky sweater....but you'll have to use more sun block :eek: I now do my DH every summer since the hair that used to be on his head, now resides on his back :p

Archived