Baltimore car parking

This time we may drive to port instead of fly. What arrangements have people found for parking in the port area? Ease of dropping off luggage and parking? Parking deck? etc. Price I would assume is about $20 day like others. Local hotels that offer park and cruise?

Any info?

Thanks,

Lou

The port is $15 day. We found it very convenient (I typically park farther away at a Walmart on the weekend than we did at the port), and I preferred doing that to parking at a hotel with a parking package. The last thing we wanted to do after getting off the ship and facing a long drive was wait around for a hotel shuttle, even if it does cost a little more to park at the port. Of course, if you are planning to stay in a hotel anyway, then it's up to you whether the potential inconvenience of the shuttle is worth not paying for parking at the port. If you were just planning to drive in the morning of, it's doubtful you are going to get a hotel with parking for less than the cost of port parking anway.

You can find hotel and other info at http://www.cruisemaryland.com

We just sailed out of Baltimore and it couldn't be easier. $104 for parking (for the week) and very easy to get to. You can also bring on a 12 pack of soft drinks and 1 bottle of wine per person....these need to be packed in your carry on luggage. If you bring large suitcases, you can check those without getting out of your car. It is a lovely port to sail out of!

Archived