Our first time in Nassau (what are the must do's)

nobody137

B rent jes has some good walking tours, but is sometimes ambitious (they must be fit like us ;) )

For us: staircase and fort yes, main shopping drag (mainly diamonds and t-shirts) no thank you.

Snorkelling is better (IMHO) at Charlotte Amalie (but only after visiting the oldest synagogue in the caribbean) if that is a stop as well: http://www.nps.gov/pwr/customcf/apps/maps/showmap.cfm?alphacode=viis&parkname=Virgin%20Islands%20National%20Park

cross to St Thomas on the public ferry (we did that) and within walking range there is a very good beach. Or just hike in the park...

Honestly: we are not Bahamas fans, if we visit Nassau a third time we may - against character - stay aboard and enjoy what the ship has to offer.

Years ago I lived in/on St. Thomas and Trunk Bay was kinda run down. I understand they have corrected that, which would be great. As for the Bahamas, we have been there so many times that we usually go to the Wyndham or stay on the ship. We do go to the Bahamas as a land based vacation and love it.

My wife and I did the "Stingray Adventure and Beach Day" excursion, and that was a lot of fun. You get to snorkel with the Stingrays then get to have your only private beach day(not many others did this excursion, so it was NICE!).

If you have time for lunch, try Senoir Frogs. You can't miss it. It's right down from the shopping... uh... tents, right next to the ocean! Very good food.

You'll find that you won't have a lot of time to do everything. The day goes by pretty fast.

Archived